GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Hi Vinnie, Ben's Golf is Automatic like yours. If you clean up the Beetle Engine cover, I will stop by and pick it up to take an impression of it. Txt me when it's ready for pickup.

Been a while since I last Posted anything about the Golf. With the lockdown, my Son is back Home with the Golf, this weekend we reinstall the UM/HEP Short RAM Intake (SRI), if you were following we swapped it for the stock Intake Manifold in early winter.

Thanks WW for the custom PCV Hose (Air Oil Separator to Intake Manifold), workmanship and fit were second to none. Sorry, I shoulda taken a pic of it on the car.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks WW for the custom PCV Hose (Air Oil Separator to Intake Manifold), workmanship and fit were second to none. Sorry, I shoulda taken a pic of it on the car.

My pleasure. I hope everyones healthy. I put some RokBlokz shorty mudflaps on my 2.5L last weekend. I was worrried they looked a little too JDM for my tastes but they've grown on me.

The golf's been driving like a champ so I haven't had any projects for a while. I finished the Harley and now with quarantine I have a new engine and about $3k work of Jeep parts in the garage for the Willys. Start that build next week probably.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
My pleasure. I hope everyones healthy. I put some RokBlokz shorty mudflaps on my 2.5L last weekend. I was worrried they looked a little too JDM for my tastes but they've grown on me.

The golf's been driving like a champ so I haven't had any projects for a while. I finished the Harley and now with quarantine I have a new engine and about $3k work of Jeep parts in the garage for the Willys. Start that build next week probably.
Can you post a picture of the rokblokz on your car? Do you prefer the short version over the original version?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Can you post a picture of the rokblokz on your car? Do you prefer the short version over the original version?
Mine are the short ones Vinnnie. If you’re still lowering on DG’s go with the short ones. Pics in the link at the end of my sig

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion

I was unsure if I’d like them as well. Squares out the look of the bottom of the car a bit. This was my third Canadian winter with them on.

what vintage is the Willys?

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I was unsure if I’d like them as well. Squares out the look of the bottom of the car a bit. This was my third Canadian winter with them on.

what vintage is the Willys?

The Willy's is a '48 CJ2A. Been in the family sinse my dad was a kid. Sat in my grandmother's garage for 30 years before I got it and have slowly brought it back to life.

Don't have a pic of the 2.5L sinse putting the mudflaps on but can take one tomorrow. I like them a lot actually but would not have liked the standard length.

Attachments

• 20200315_172346.jpg
    20200315_172346.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 90

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
The Willy's is a '48 CJ2A. Been in the family sinse my dad was a kid. Sat in my grandmother's garage for 30 years before I got it and have slowly brought it back to life.

Don't have a pic of the 2.5L sinse putting the mudflaps on but can take one tomorrow. I like them a lot actually but would not have liked the standard length.
Wow, and you making this thing running again👍

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Vinyl wrapped my headlight and fog lights. I didn't do a very good job, probably will try again later. My first time lol

Attachments

• IMG_20200501_172436.jpg
    IMG_20200501_172436.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20200501_172431~2.jpg
    IMG_20200501_172431~2.jpg
    984 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20200501_172407~2.jpg
    IMG_20200501_172407~2.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 96

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion

Gorgeous Willy. A few where I live, but, I've never seen one of this vintage/spec

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Not much of a mod, but I installed some leather seats from a mk6 golf sportwagan

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_232140.jpg
    IMG_20200516_232140.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20200516_232147.jpg
    IMG_20200516_232147.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 105

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Not much of a mod, but I installed some leather seats from a mk6 golf sportwagan
Just picked up A5 front seats myself.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Yours look great. I never use my backseat. I’m going to sell my old ones. someone might want to upgrade to moulded bolstered seats in a base car or autocross build.