GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
C3D8B72F-45B1-4A5E-90B3-3162AAB7E810.jpeg

Innovative Motorsports brushless pump installed and UM Flex/MPI tuned my DBV2 TBB V1 @30 psi. Plenty of power and reliability over the stock is38, not planning to run any higher psi.

Picked up a UM cable so I can lower boost for HPDE events too. Will dyno once the weather starts cooling down.

Signed up for Autoclub Roval on 11/7, Nascar will be tearing down the track to make a short oval next year, will probably attend in December too. Kinda bummed they’re tearing it down but we have other local tracks🤷

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Some folks reflash back to stock when they break those in. Also keep it on normal mode.

I have a Golf so the only mode is normal. I do have options for the faux lsd I.e. XDS. Esc Sport or OFF. So just keep it oh Esc Normal?

Would that even matter?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I have a Golf so the only mode is normal. I do have options for the faux lsd I.e. XDS. Esc Sport or OFF. So just keep it oh Esc Normal?

Would that even matter?

They don't have driving profile selection on the Golfs? I have it on my Alltrack, which is hardly sporty lol. I keep it in Sport, always. :D

The one time I tried Offroad mode in the mountains it scared the fucking shit out of me lol. the crawl feature is scary. Sport mode is all I'll ever need, esp since it doesn't have DCC.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

Would that even matter?

Wouldn't even matter. ESC cuts power when there's wheelslip. You'd have to be givin it the beans for the ESC to be the "saving grace" for putting less strain on your clutch during break-in lol.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

Would that even matter?
Doubt it would matter. That's ABS and torque limiter stuff.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
They don't have driving profile selection on the Golfs? I have it on my Alltrack, which is hardly sporty lol. I keep it in Sport, always. :D

The one time I tried Offroad mode in the mountains it scared the fucking shit out of me lol. the crawl feature is scary. Sport mode is all I'll ever need, esp since it doesn't have DCC.

Nope. Poverty spec Golf doesn't have modes, but to your point, not going to push it hard enough for XDS to matter

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Nope. Poverty spec Golf doesn't have modes, but to your point, not going to push it hard enough for XDS to matter
Really? I've got a Poverty spec GSW with 09G Torque converter Auto(AQ250), and I can switch between Drive and Sport and manual. Strange the Golfs don't have them.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Really? I've got a Poverty spec GSW with 09G Torque converter Auto(AQ250), and I can switch between Drive and Sport and manual. Strange the Golfs don't have them.

Yep. Only can change traction control and i programmed mine with obd11 to sport and esc off as options. Done even remember what the stock options were. But no modes

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Yep. Only can change traction control and i programmed mine with obd11 to sport and esc off as options. Done even remember what the stock options were. But no modes
Interesting. What model tranny does your Golf have? I thought the MK7s either had Manual, DSG, or 09Gs.