GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Gio_57

Car has been in with dealer today as centre console screen was totally off for a few days last week. Mentioned MPH/KPH and cruise control undertake fault also.

Has come back on 1890 and in the short drive home things feels slightly more refined and responsive. Not been able to fully test if it fixes the above issues though. Only time will tell.

Attachments

• 682E0EE8-0C58-41AA-BC6D-C8611611BA84.jpeg
    682E0EE8-0C58-41AA-BC6D-C8611611BA84.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 244

MJ9

Hey guys, I've just bought the car and here is the info on screen, looks like "ancient" compared to yours;

Device Part Number: 5H0035867A
Hardware: 099
Software: 1325
Couldnt find any info about this hardware and device part #, what is the latest software number for this hardware, anyone knows? And also why is this so old even though I've bought the car a week ago, any thoughts?

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys, I've just bought the car and here is the info on screen, looks like "ancient" compared to yours;

Couldnt find any info about this hardware and device part #, what is the latest software number for this hardware, anyone knows? And also why is this so old even though I've bought the car a week ago, any thoughts?
What do you mean by 'bought' - got a delivery for a car ordered from a factory (probably not?), a model that was at the dealer's for a while (like a test model), or a used one? The latter two would probably explain it ... Btw, does it say 'First edition' on the badge on the side of the car?

Donald

Passed Driver's Ed

I bought a Golf 8 in mid November, the car was 9 months old and was told the software was up to date 0166 this was from VW main dealer, but looking on forums it’s was 01668 in November. Where did you buy your car from ?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion

Hi there your infotainment system is a Composition Media 8.25"display with 2 knobs.
Infotainment.jpg

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there your infotainment system is a Composition Media 8.25"display with 2 knobs.
Did anybody figure out for sure if the ones running from 29/11/2021 to 20/06/2022 are the first ones with the faster hardware or the last ones with the old one? Based on the production dates they could be either I guess ...

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I thought all UK cars had the 10” display
Well here in Ireland all Golf 8 come with the 10" display just like the UK.
But some countries like Turkey come with the composition media 8.25" screen as standard.
Now we have the Ready2Discover which is a Discovery Media with 10" screen minus VW Maps, Traffic sign recognition and Voice control..
You can buy the VW maps and Voice control in the Shop.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Wow, thanks @Massimo 2323
Looks like I've got almost the oldest MK8 on the planet. 😬 Should I worry or not?
No need to worry...it would of been better if you had the 10" screen which has more functionality, but that all depends on your needs.;)
Also there is an update for your infotainment system from 1325 to 1766 and if you have a reverse camera that needs updating too.

Did anybody figure out for sure if the ones running from 29/11/2021 to 20/06/2022 are the first ones with the faster hardware or the last ones with the old one? Based on the production dates they could be either I guess ...
From what I have read and been told there is no hardware upgrade regarding the composition media because it ha no voice control or VW maps so the extra power is not needed...
Anyway do you find the composition media slow?

Reactions: MJ9

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
From what I have read and been told there is no hardware upgrade regarding the composition media because it ha no voice control or VW maps so the extra power is not needed...
Anyway do you find the composition media slow?
I am asking because it is the first time I see the data that specific hardware models are to run from end of November to June, not related to the Composition (I am curious about the DIscovery Media), sorry for jumping in like that.