GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's see your PC's

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Somewhat related note, my Tuf 6800 XT has developed god-awful coil whine :( Can't hear it when gaming but if I don't have headphones on it's terrible.

Notes for next build: mATX or ITX, windowless, "soundproof" case
Clarifying my like on the previous post haha. I like the latter half. The first half is :(

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The aesthetics that Asus chose to use for Tuf are such a letdown, because the actual hardware is pretty well received.
That construction zone look isn't good at all. lol

I thought about it. I'm def gonna bring the mobo into work and put some black and blue stickers over that stuff. I got a couple weeks before I'm putting this thing together.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I thought about it. I'm def gonna bring the mobo into work and put some black and blue stickers over that stuff. I got a couple weeks before I'm putting this thing together.
Forgot I had illustrator at home.

Think I might do something like this to cover up all the stupid yellow things. I won't even have a glass panel, and once the ram, gpu, and waterblock are installed it's gonna be mostly covered anyway.
1702443590767.png

1702443770217.png

Too much? lol
1702443969022.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Big F

1702513723936.png

See that discoloration in the center of the screen?

That's burn in on my $1200 monitor that's 4 months old...

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
It looks like it says 8:38.

Spooky.

Dell (Alienware monitor) approved an RMA right away. Very easy to work with. Sending out a replacement next day, get the new monitor, drop the old one in it's box, and send it back.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Spooky.

Dell (Alienware monitor) approved an RMA right away. Very easy to work with. Sending out a replacement next day, get the new monitor, drop the old one in it's box, and send it back.

Although, they don't even do the "Give us a credit card to have on file in case you don't return the old one" thing. Nothing is stopping me from keeping them both 🤔🤔

🤣🤣

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Weird that something like the time, that changes pixels every 60 seconds, would burn in... It does look like 8:38. What were you doing at that time that upset the universe?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I did my stickers. I did the opposite colors though. It looks so much better.
1702596035240.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
UPS says new monitor should be here today. A+ response from Dell.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
So got my replacement from Dell yesterday and got it set up. Even though the agent I spoke to said it would be new, it's definitely a refurb unit. Which I'm fine with. Maybe.

This one has slight burn in from the start menu. Which, I'm not sure I would ever notice, unless I was specifically checking for it. Which is what I was doing.

1000003628.jpg

You can't see it when the task bar is shown. You can really only see it if you have a dark grey background there lol.

So I dunno. I might chat them again and see what they say lol.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
So got my replacement from Dell yesterday and got it set up. Even though the agent I spoke to said it would be new, it's definitely a refurb unit. Which I'm fine with. Maybe.

This one has slight burn in from the start menu. Which, I'm not sure I would ever notice, unless I was specifically checking for it. Which is what I was doing.

You can't see it when the task bar is shown. You can really only see it if you have a dark grey background there lol.

So I dunno. I might chat them again and see what they say lol.
This seems like a bad model of monitor/panel if it burns in so easily 🤷‍♂️ I have never seen anything like this on my Dells (U2412M) or Samsungs (G52A) I've used for the past 15 years.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
This seems like a bad model of monitor/panel if it burns in so easily 🤷‍♂️ I have never seen anything like this on my Dells (U2412M) or Samsungs (G52A) I've used for the past 15 years.
It's a problem with OLED screens.

I keep ordering shit for my new pc. Now I've got a 2nd 2tb ssd on the way along with another 32gb of ram. Not much longer until I can put this thing together.