GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street Touring Hatchback (STH) discussion/setup

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Tires ordered. RE71RS was the winner. $100 difference from the V730's.

RT660's developed a split in the the seam of every tire, even after paying for heat cycling. Probably not an issue for ax, but no way I'd trust them on track. Falken can f off. They also heat cycled out badly. V730 were sticky to the cords. I haven't even hit wear bars with RT660's and they're bricks.

Just more info for others looking at tires.

Last edited:

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Tires ordered. RE71RS was the winner. $100 difference from the V730's.

RT660's developed a split in the the seam of every tire, even after paying for heat cycling. Probably not an issue for ax, but no way I'd trust them on track. Falken can f off. They also heat cycled out badly. V730 were sticky to the cords. I haven't even hit wear bars with RT660's and they're bricks.

Just more info for others looking at tires.

Those tread splices all disappeared with use when I ran them last year. But yes they heat cycled out BAD long before anywhere near cords. Like 5-6/32nds.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Those tread splices all disappeared with use when I ran them last year. But yes they heat cycled out BAD long before anywhere near cords. Like 5-6/32nds.
Mine didn't disappear. I must have more tread left than you did. They are bricks.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
My two sets didn’t go away either, and I ran one down to the cords.
Split didn't go away or grip didn't go away?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah, no way I'll buy another set until they've resolved that issue.

mkvii.717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Was curious have you guys and if so how often have you done fluid changes on your lsd? I heard some are saying 30k miles but I did not see anything in the service schedule. My gli is the first car I have pushed in this fashion and nervous about missing maintenance I should be doing.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Was curious have you guys and if so how often have you done fluid changes on your lsd? I heard some are saying 30k miles but I did not see anything in the service schedule. My gli is the first car I have pushed in this fashion and nervous about missing maintenance I should be doing.
It's 30k miles and it's buried in some addendum. Do it.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
fair enough any recommendations on where to get the fluid think I saw FCP has it and good instructions. I found one
I assume its pretty similar for GLI
I had dealer do mine, but I buy must of my stuff from FCP Euro.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
fair enough any recommendations on where to get the fluid think I saw FCP has it and good instructions. I found one
I assume its pretty similar for GLI

I've never done the fluids from the top end, just used the Slippery Pete fluid pumps from the bottom while the car was on jackstands.

https://amzn.to/4aX5q7D

A also do most my purchases through FCP, unless the prices are drastically different elsewhere.

mkvii.717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You'll need to reset the adaptions too, after swapping fluid.