GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSC Sport Active Suspension Controller

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Again, you seem to fail to see the issue at hand. Relying on previous success elsewhere to sell products on a new (to you) platform is one thing. Releasing a product for sale with no third party testing is basically behind the ball. Reviews go out before the product is released for mass consumption, not the other way round. That's how you can catch errors (like the first release) - you don't use people's money to beta test.

I don't know how many times I need to reiterate - why is it so difficult to demonstrate what your system is capable of? You seem to like to sell black box products - just because no one has doubted or asked for more information, does not mean you can avoid it forever and keep on quoting how successful of a company DSC is.
Dude, dial back the aggression, you're giving me anxiety, lol. If you aren't satisfied with the info, don't buy it. You're being a Karen.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
We get it, you aren't going to buy one, and you're warning us not to buy one, lol. Mistakes were made, DSC says they were corrected, you say they weren't, those involved aren't posting here, or haven't yet.

Some of the controllers are out in the world now, reports and data should be coming. Then we'll choose whose word to take.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I don't know how many times I need to reiterate - why is it so difficult to demonstrate what your system is capable of? You seem to like to sell black box products - just because no one has doubted or asked for more information, does not mean you can avoid it forever and keep on quoting how successful of a company DSC is.
This applies to nearly all aftermarket car stuff, no? Especially when it comes to tuning. We have easier ways to measure the changes from say an ECU tune, but the platforms are mostly closed-source, the tunes are locked down, we just try different tuners and hype up the ones making good power and trash the ones blowing motors.
The sheer number of products out there with zero objective testing that are sold based solely on someone's brand preference for piping or suspension arms is nuts, plus the stuff that gets sold based off of paid-for youtube product placement.
Most of this stuff just kinda gets dumped out there and we sort out whether it's good nor not by trying it. You can bet $1300 that if my shocks are dead in 5k miles, I'll be on here raising a stink about it. If I didn't own one, though, I probably wouldn't spend pages dumping on it.

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
This applies to nearly all aftermarket car stuff, no? Especially when it comes to tuning. We have easier ways to measure the changes from say an ECU tune, but the platforms are mostly closed-source, the tunes are locked down, we just try different tuners and hype up the ones making good power and trash the ones blowing motors.
The sheer number of products out there with zero objective testing that are sold based solely on someone's brand preference for piping or suspension arms is nuts, plus the stuff that gets sold based off of paid-for youtube product placement.
Most of this stuff just kinda gets dumped out there and we sort out whether it's good nor not by trying it. You can bet $1300 that if my shocks are dead in 5k miles, I'll be on here raising a stink about it. If I didn't own one, though, I probably wouldn't spend pages dumping on it.

This forum has a wealth of information and products get ripped on or debunked all the time. The reason this thread skipped most of the backlash is because it was posted in the wrong subforum. Is there any issue trying to get informed about products so I can make a fact based decision whether to buy it or not?

Oh and give me an example of a product that hasn't been debunked yet with zero objective testing. As I've said, this board is good for sniffing out the BS. One example I can think of are pedal tuners, but if you understand the underlying changes it makes, you'll also understand it doesn't make your car more powerful.

Now you guys are shitting on someone who wants to expand their knowledge of aftermarket components for their car. Amazing. Keep whiteknighting them. If this was another company like APR, the response would have been very different. Why the double standard and inconsistencies?

cr_sti

Go Kart Newbie
... If this was another company like APR, the response would have been very different. Why the double standard and inconsistencies?
In the interest of consistency, can you go pester every forum sponsor that's made a claim of increased performance without objective and verifiable evidence? I expect some turbo muffler delete suppliers have no idea what they're in for..

Wait for data, if it's as bad as you claim it is, come back with an "I told you so".

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Is there any issue trying to get informed about products so I can make a fact based decision whether to buy it or not?
Now you guys are shitting on someone who wants to expand their knowledge of aftermarket components for their car. Amazing.
Meh, sounds like concern trolling, it's pretty clear you aren't interested in buying one regardless of whether or not they provide results on track.
Oh and give me an example of a product that hasn't been debunked yet with zero objective testing. As I've said, this board is good for sniffing out the BS. One example I can think of are pedal tuners, but if you understand the underlying changes it makes, you'll also understand it doesn't make your car more powerful.
Most aftermarket aero - promises downforce, most of it just introduces drag if anything. Almost no one provides CFD data (Verus is the only one I'm aware of on this platform). Maybe people just know this already, but I don't see people like you hopping into someone's build thread with a car covered in splitters and spoilers and asking for downforce numbers.
A million braces - lots of subjective "improves handling" but same issue as the one you raise here: no solid data for on-track improvements before/after. But people *love* their chassis braces on this car.
I would say this applies to most suspension products. They're certainly marketed as improvements over stock for handling, body roll, squat, etc. but much like the controller in question, it's all on the user to set it up properly or just roll with the 'good enough' defaults.
Is your position that they might be lying about their product doing anything, that their tuning tables are all phony and it can't adjust dampening on the fly? Or that their default tune isn't that great? The former seems inconsistent with the idea that it might burn out your shocks faster, the latter is the case for any adjustable aftermarket piece.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
No issue at all wanting more info, we all want it. But to be fair I haven't seen any complaint about the sub-forum it was posted in until now. And they did say units are out there and the data is coming and they would discuss it here. If no data comes then sure we'll have a problem and they won't sell many of these to us.

They're new to the platform but if everything else they make/sell and the info about those products is a scam they are putting a lot into it to sell a few units to non mag-ride MQB. No one is white knighting, we're just waiting. Unless we have the $1,300 to burn and a willingness to try it out first... I don't have either, but some do.

I don't see them telling anyone to buy now for a discount or hurry up because supply will be limited. It's not like our cars are broken without this product. Companies with zero prior products put things up for sale all the time 🤷🏿‍♂️. So why keep s*** talking in the mean time, impatience?

Vision7

Passed Driver's Ed
Alright, I'll throw my hat into this discussion. My DSC Sport Controller arrived yesterday evening and I will be installing it shortly. My intention is to test it out on the road and track. I will be able to offer comparisons lap times on at least two local tracks (Mosport DDT and TMP Cayuga) in same-day testing. My R is 100% stock so the only difference between times will be the OEM unit vs. the DSC unit. I have a lot of faith in DSC and its ability to make quality products. I have already sampled DSC Controllers in a Porsche 911 and also a Camaro SS and will be looking forward to adding the Golf R to this list.

Sure, there may be skeptics, but that's the beauty of the aftermarket; we all get to decide for ourselves which products are worthy of our time and money. No one is holding anyone under duress to purchase this product and, thankfully, there are some of us who are happy to take risks and put our money where our mouth is and dare to sample/test products to the benefit of the entire community.

I first contacted DSC Sport about the feasibility of a controller in October 2019 and offered as much information as I could to assist them, I also fully recognize that the beta release of this product did not go as planned. DSC had no obligation to put further time into this product to make corrections and re-release it. But they did and I respect them for it. Having assisted with the development and testing of other products (034, HPA, Neo Motorsport, Rennline, Racingline, WCT Performance, Neuspeed, Verus Engineering, Prodigy Werks, etc.), not all of them have functioned as expected out of the box but, thanks to those who are willing to persist, we have the growing aftermarket options and support to feed our passion, habits, hobbies.

Stay tuned for my impressions:
DSC01.jpeg

DSC 02.jpeg

DSC03.jpeg

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
In the interest of consistency, can you go pester every forum sponsor that's made a claim of increased performance without objective and verifiable evidence? I expect some turbo muffler delete suppliers have no idea what they're in for..

Wait for data, if it's as bad as you claim it is, come back with an "I told you so".

I don't have the time to do that, but moreso because it's largely irrelevant for my car. I however, have a DCC equipped car, and have had interest in this since it was first announced, then it waned when testers ran into critical errors, and now that it's re-released, wanted to know what changed.

Alright, I'll throw my hat into this discussion. My DSC Sport Controller arrived yesterday evening and I will be installing it shortly. My intention is to test it out on the road and track. I will be able to offer comparisons lap times on at least two local tracks (Mosport DDT and TMP Cayuga) in same-day testing. My R is 100% stock so the only difference between times will be the OEM unit vs. the DSC unit. I have a lot of faith in DSC and its ability to make quality products. I have already sampled DSC Controllers in a Porsche 911 and also a Camaro SS and will be looking forward to adding the Golf R to this list.

Sure, there may be skeptics, but that's the beauty of the aftermarket; we all get to decide for ourselves which products are worthy of our time and money. No one is holding anyone under duress to purchase this product and, thankfully, there are some of us who are happy to take risks and put our money where our mouth is and dare to sample/test products to the benefit of the entire community.

I first contacted DSC Sport about the feasibility of a controller in October 2019 and offered as much information as I could to assist them, I also fully recognize that the beta release of this product did not go as planned. DSC had no obligation to put further time into this product to make corrections and re-release it. But they did and I respect them for it. Having assisted with the development and testing of other products (034, HPA, Neo Motorsport, Rennline, Racingline, WCT Performance, Neuspeed, Verus Engineering, Prodigy Werks, etc.), not all of them have functioned as expected out of the box but, thanks to those who are willing to persist, we have the growing aftermarket options and support to feed our passion, habits, hobbies.

You make it sound like it's noble being the first group of buyers for a new product. Do you want an award for being first? I guess in the aftermarket parts world, people just want to flex - look at it from another analogy. This is akin to Ford releasing a production prototype for sale without first getting independent reviews. That's not how it works in most product development cycles (for companies that bother to have a structured cycle anyways).

DSC had no obligation to put further time into this product to make corrections and re-release it.

Uh, yeah it's called 'profit'. Lol. You don't think they want a piece of the market, especially if they're the only company out there doing adaptive suspension tuning? Please. Their first attempt imploded, and they had to clear their name. Do you want to be known as a company that released a faulty product, recalled it and abandoned the platform?

Meh, sounds like concern trolling, it's pretty clear you aren't interested in buying one regardless of whether or not they provide results on track.

Most aftermarket aero - promises downforce, most of it just introduces drag if anything. Almost no one provides CFD data (Verus is the only one I'm aware of on this platform). Maybe people just know this already, but I don't see people like you hopping into someone's build thread with a car covered in splitters and spoilers and asking for downforce numbers.
A million braces - lots of subjective "improves handling" but same issue as the one you raise here: no solid data for on-track improvements before/after. But people *love* their chassis braces on this car.
I would say this applies to most suspension products. They're certainly marketed as improvements over stock for handling, body roll, squat, etc. but much like the controller in question, it's all on the user to set it up properly or just roll with the 'good enough' defaults.
Is your position that they might be lying about their product doing anything, that their tuning tables are all phony and it can't adjust dampening on the fly? Or that their default tune isn't that great? The former seems inconsistent with the idea that it might burn out your shocks faster, the latter is the case for any adjustable aftermarket piece.

Why do I care about someone else's build thread? I'm only concerned about my own car and what I put on. So why do you expect everyone to be sheep and have marketing spoon fed to them? Again, I don't care for chassis brace, not something I have on my own car. But I do and still retained my DCC struts, so I am interested for more data on this.

My position? I've said time and time again, and they've also reaffirmed with they quest for transparency. I have no clue what their tuning tables are, nor the default tune. But you are wrong about the 'burn out your shocks faster'. We know lowering cars will reduce the stroke length of the strut. What we don't know is how changing the fundamental operation of the DCC mechanism will do to a strut that wasn't designed for this type of operation. You're activating the valves many times over what it normally experiences, not that hard to understand.

Speaking of which, where is your unit?

TLDR; I know you sheeps just want good vibes only and no criticisms, so enjoy yourselves - I'll see myself out. Amazing how everyone just laps up whatever companies tell them and don't bother to do any due diligence.

Vision7

Passed Driver's Ed
Uh, yeah it's called 'profit'. Lol. You don't think they want a piece of the market, especially if they're the only company out there doing adaptive suspension tuning? Please. Their first attempt imploded, and they had to clear their name. Do you want to be known as a company that released a faulty product, recalled it and abandoned the platform?
I encourage you to do a little research into DSC Sport/TPC Racing; their reputation is not under threat.
You make it sound like it's noble being the first group of buyers for a new product. Do you want an award for being first? I guess in the aftermarket parts world, people just want to flex - look at it from another analogy.
Just like there are plenty of people who want to run their mouths and critique the efforts of others. Burgerkong, you're more than welcome to step up and lend your seemingly endless wealth of knowledge to assist with the development of products for this platform and others or, better yet, dare to make your own.
You're consistently one of the first to openly criticize the efforts of others (across multiple social media platforms and even in-person), yet I've never seen you expend any energy doing anything constructive for this community. I invite you and even challenge you to try a different approach because, frankly, your attitude is insufferable.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Sheep... I don't think anyone in this thread has even recommended that others buy the product yet, lol. Some people gave their early impressions and their early concerns. The rest of us are just hanging out waiting on more impressions and/or data (if that's what we need to make a decision).

R-Fan

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Again, you seem to fail to see the issue at hand. Relying on previous success elsewhere to sell products on a new (to you) platform is one thing. Releasing a product for sale with no third party testing is basically behind the ball. Reviews go out before the product is released for mass consumption, not the other way round. That's how you can catch errors (like the first release) - you don't use people's money to beta test.

This same guy in the facebook group simply refuses to accept that many people will give DSC a chance because of their reputation in many other brands in tuning their adaptive suspensions to be both more comfortable and more capable.

Might this product not work out, sure. But he keeps trying to just berate them into submission that their product is over hyped junk, and their reputations mean nothing. It's super annoying as the isn't "proving" anything.

Just an unhappy guy I guess.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This same guy in the facebook group simply refuses to accept that many people will give DSC a chance because of their reputation in many other brands in tuning their adaptive suspensions to be both more comfortable and more capable.

Might this product not work out, sure. But he keeps trying to just berate them into submission that their product is over hyped junk, and their reputations mean nothing. It's super annoying as the isn't "proving" anything.

Just an unhappy guy I guess.
Welcome to the forum @R-Fan .