GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
My Style was updated to 1896 on Monday. They told me I might not get it back same day but it was done by 3pm.

So far everything is working perfectly and I'm feeling the nightmare may be over.... Or am I jinxing myself?
Quick! Touch a piece of wood 🤔🙄.

Alanedg

Speaking with my garage the other car they had which couldn’t handle the software update was a life model rather than a style. They were both 70 Plates (2020) but I don’t know if the other car had had it’s steering wheel replaced. Based on a very small batch number if you have a newer car and you’re on your original steering wheel you’ll probably be ok. Don’t hold me to that statement though!

Sythaera

I also hope the nightmare is over. It's been two and a half weeks since mine got the software updates, apart from these two issues the car has been behaving as it should and I am very happy with it (after fourteen months ownership) 🤞

Two days after the update high engine oil level message appeared, I checked the oil level when the engine was cold and level was above the max indicator (car was serviced mid last December) Contacted the dealer and it was corrected physically and with software within two hours of phone call. I have to assume the software update detected the high oil level better / different than the previous and yes it shouldn't have been high in the first place.
View attachment 251269
Second issue, just a few days ago AC wouldn't kick in - warm day and everything was functioning, just no cold air, all was ok after parking, shopping and returning to car.

Finally, I know I brought this up before and am just wondering if it is now on all users updated IS AC controls
View attachment 251270
Why did VW deem it necessary to have SYNC appear on the passenger side temperature display? SYNC in this example has been choosen and is indicated / highlighted as shown in the photo. To me it looks a bit strange / unnecessary (SYNC shown twice) and like an error someone made when updating the IS software code or is this only on my car!
It is definitely not an error. Been like this since like 1804.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
Mine did the first part of the update the other day and finally i can say that when doing the journey that i detailed a while back about the kph/mph malarkey i can now get past the mini roundabout outside Henley without it suddenly going into kph mode! It only took 14 months.
The only other things i've noticed is that in sport mode (i have dcc) i thought the ride felt a bit firmer and the steering a tiny bit heftier i also used travel assist this evening for pretty much the whole 70 mile journey and i certainly noticed that in sport mode it accelerates a lot quicker when going from 40 to 60 infact i turned it to eco as it was a tad too thrilling in the wet and deer territory.
Also at last i can get the internet radio to use my phones wifi i'd long since given up trying and now the car asks me!
The second part downloaded today.
Its a 1.5 etsi Style DSG btw.

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
I have my car updated 1896 again at the moment it seems that everything works correctly but I still have to try and re-link it with the weconnect. (47/2020 week)

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Is this caused by Putin, because this happens 4 times in couple days:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/x2bAZU8s2UWNv8DH6

GPS is not correct

This happened once before 1890 update.

5F Multimedia

System description: MU-O-ND-EU
Software number: 5H0035820J
Software version: 1896
Hardware number: 5H0035820A
Hardware version: H56
Serial number: WG8LGM21042100011911
ODX name: EV_MUOIMQB37w
ODX version: 001002
Long coding: 23800000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Trouble codes:
U111000 - Function restriction due to communication interruption
Intermittent
Date: 2022-05-16 17:06:09
Mileage: 18082 km
Priority: 6
Malfunction frequency counter: 20
Unlearning counter: 30
U111000 - Function restriction due to communication interruption
Intermittent
Date: 2022-05-24 07:38:31
Mileage: 18491 km
Malfunction frequency counter: 1
Unlearning counter: 13
B184C00 - Release active
Intermittent
Date: 2022-05-20 14:19:21
Mileage: 18236 km
Priority: 3
Unlearning counter: 28
B201A00 - Checking software version management
static
Date: 2022-05-17 08:12:57
Mileage: 18090 km
Unlearning counter: 40
module_name: MCU
Voltage terminal 30: 12.6 V

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
Hope all goes well with the updates, I'm very satisfied with mine so far 🤞
I have been driving my updated Golf since yesterday afternoon and at the moment everything works much better, it came from the 1666 and the system works much more fluidly, it has not given me any errors and having the maps in the copckit is amazing, I encourage everyone to update to 1896, you will notice the difference!

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for this would love to know when your car is on the road again
Hello Donald, finally got my car back this morning 3 weeks after I dropped it off short journey back from the dealers so far everything appears to be working as it should. Android Auto wireless now works, the built in maps can now be displayed in the instrument cluster, all functions on the touch screen now work with a faster response and as I understand it once the 1896 update is completed all future updates will now be performed over the air so no need to book it in to you dealer's for updates. I'll post an update after I've had a chance to get some miles in but it all seems good👍.

Donald

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello Donald, finally got my car back this morning 3 weeks after I dropped it off short journey back from the dealers so far everything appears to be working as it should. Android Auto wireless now works, the built in maps can now be displayed in the instrument cluster, all functions on the touch screen now work with a faster response and as I understand it once the 1896 update is completed all future updates will now be performed over the air so no need to book it in to you dealer's for updates. I'll post an update after I've had a chance to get some miles in but it all seems good👍.
Thanks for this

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Mine used to do something like that on journeys where i'd get the SOS error the sat nav often showed i was driving through fields.
My OCU updated at last August, never have had sos errors... maybe it is putin, because we will going to nato o_O
The map in the copkit sometimes looks a little blurry to me, is it normal, does it happen to you?
Update should help with this.

In my car maps in the cockpit updating slow and looks jerky.
I had map in both screens activated, but then i disabled that feature

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
My OCU updated at last August, never have had sos errors... maybe it is putin, because we will going to nato o_O

Update should help with this.

In my car maps in the cockpit updating slow and looks jerky.
I had map in both screens activated, but then i disabled that feature
I have the update 1896, whitout the upgrade I can’t see the maps in the copckit, however, is this normal? The blurry in maps? Or not?