GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

Things to delete/reset upon selling

Hi all, What are the things that should be done upon selling the car? I am talking about the digital part of it. The two things that come to my mind are: Deleting the car from the We Connect app Factory resetting the infotainment unit Do I need to do something else? Maybe somehow transfer the...
  2. T

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Hey @MickeyW, thanks for sharing your experience. Let me know if yours magically fixes itself before you go to the dealer and I'll notify you of the same aswell.
  3. T

Hi all, For the last few weeks (worked fine up until now) the automatic steering wheel heating due to outside temperatures is not working. I have had it set to High but every time I enter the car it sets the steering wheel heating to low. When I enter the setup menu it is set to OFF. When I...
  4. T

hi @TheDutchieGolf8 I have a GTI Clubsport on 1896 and I do not experience any issues during downshifts. Was first on 1803, then 1890 and now on 1896
  5. T

Driver Data keeps resetting

What do you mean by all 3 forms? Are you referring to "Since start/Since refueling/Long term"? Since start restart if you leave the car off for more than 2 hours Since refueling restart every time you put fuel in it Long term, I am not sure but @SRGTD gave a good insight. I have never payed...
  6. T

MY23 changes

For anyone else wondering the same, this is the spec of the performance pack for the new MY23 Clubsport (using google translate from VW.de): 4 "Scottsdale" alloy wheels 8 J x 19 — Increasing the electronic speed limit to 270 km/h — Progressive steering for 19-inch alloy wheels — R performance...
  7. T

This morning I was once again greeted by the Digital manual error. After clicking the notification and dismissing it, I got another notification to change privacy settings. The car decided to change to Guest user, a known fault but I have never gotten it till now. After setting the primary user...
  8. T

I have not touched anything yet. The notification presented itself after leaving the dealer after update do 1896. I have Internet connection the whole time (white globe). I will give it a few more days, maybe it will resolve itself, then I will try deactivating the e-sim. I was just wondering if...
  9. T

Yes I have gotten also a lot of small OTA updates before going to the dealer this Monday for the 1896 update. Then once I left the dealer I got the notification for the Digital manual update only (don't have a picture). Now the notification does not read: "Digital manual updating, do not turn...
  10. T

Quick update from my side. Yesterday, my car was updated to 1896 from 1890. No errors to report so far. Only annoyance I have is that I have a notification for "updating car manual, don't turn off ignition". When I click on it, it just disappears, then reappears again upon starting the car...
  11. T

MY23 changes

What does the performance pack do on the Clubsport?
  12. T

Are we all expected to get these OTA's? I am currently on 1890, do I need to first get 1896 at the dealer and only then the OTA updates? How long does it take to download? If it is using 2G (GPRS) standard network to download, that would take ages. The car is of course 4G capable but am...
  13. T

World gone grey

Thank you for sharing. I must admit, in my 11 months of ownership, I have not experienced the gray globe for anything longer than 5 minutes on maybe 2 occasions.
  14. T

World gone grey

@koolmacher Do you have any official confirmation that the fault is on VW server side? My globe is grayed out since Tuesday afternoon and get the notification that Internet is currently unavailable. Restart of infotainment and leaving the car off for a whole day did not help.
  15. T

Car to date!

At the dealer. Golf's do not update OTA, only some minor updates.
  16. T

IMO strange move by VW 🤔
  17. T

Hi @Massimo 2323 . Do you maybe know what versions of software are on the ID4 and the new ID Buzz? Looking at this video: the infotainment looks to be somewhat different than the one in the Golf. Example: outside temperature on the infotainment screen bellow the clock, different home screen...
  18. T

Bluetooth music always defaults to "Tracks"

Hi all, Would someone maybe be willing to help me by testing this behavior on their car? Thanks!
  19. T

Car to date!

@Massimo 2323 There is already the 1896 update? I just updated to 1890 just three weeks ago 🤣
  20. T

MK8 GTE - Heated steering randomly on

How can I check climatronic version?