GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

New 8.5 GTI showcased through press release on I.D 7 - Chat GPT

I have personally owned eight plus DSG equipped VW cars over the years running high mileage with no gearbox issues whatsoever. So I am definitely sold on them.
  2. T

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

The maps are continuously updated automatically if you have a 'We Connect Plus' contract. My contract is still in being and it's currently showing 23.3 edition maps. Otherwise there was a map update issued / available in November & May of each year to download yourself. That's what I used to do...
  3. T

I've had my new MK8 for just over a year without any problems whatsoever with software or hardware including infotainment. Operating infotainment takes a learning curve as there are numerous options / facilities to play with compared with the previous models I've had. Bear in mind forums...
  4. T

All Driving Data deleted from We Connect

Have had no issues with We Connect App since setting up from day one . Found it to be useful. Presume you have checked all the privacy settings & permissions etc
  5. T

When you say you ‘ mentioned about upgrading the software ‘ did you have a particular issue to rectify ? If not I would stick with 1890. Just had my first service & was pleased there were no upgrades as I have had no issues & didn’t want to introduce any.
  6. T

What are these called

Wheel Arch Spats
  7. T

Maintenance Schedule

Frustrating I know. Your best bet is to go online to . erwin.volkswagen.de You pay about seven pounds for an hour and using your Vin number it will give you everything about your car including maintenance schedules specific to your build.
  8. T

JCB Medway Collection

It may be inconvenient to offer pick ups from Monday to Friday only. Assuming you're buying a new car through DTD for the discount especially as you're travelling 400 miles round trip to pick it up. I can quite see why they do this with numbers of DTD customers all wanting to turn up on their...
  9. T

I was told by VW Digital ( Germany ), when I had another query about We Connect , that the Nav Map updates are done automatically OTA without any notification to customers. They now do up to 12 map updates per year OTA for We Connect Plus subscribers
  10. T

MY23 changes

I see what you mean…. A case of hoping the option will be there when build happens.
  11. T

MY23 changes

As far as I am aware electrically folding mirrors still do not come with the R-Line as standard or as an option. As you say you have an R-Line on order specifying Side Assist has the dealer been able to confirm this availability during the input of the order to the factory ? It seems strange...
  12. T

360 view

Maybe the lightly hood of people wanting and paying something like an extra £765 for 360 view on a small car like a Mk8 Golf had something to do with VW UK market decision to offer it on larger cars like the Tiguan.
  13. T

Interior monitoring

Blue is on
  14. T

What happen if you push here just up the bottom hazard lights?

I tried it out of curiosity not expecting any kind of sensor pad there. Can confirm its as designed, a blank area with no function. Very odd in your case…
  15. T

Accessories & Gadgets: Must Haves?

Not really a styling mod & not a must have but what about a ' Warning Triangle' to fill the gaping slot in the underside of the boot lid.
  16. T

Accessories & Gadgets: Must Haves?

What's available from the We Connect web shop to buy & download is specific to your particular car & build. For instance on offer in my case is ' Voice Control ' ( 249 UK pounds ) , ' Light Assist ' main beam control system (169 UK pounds), "Amazon Alexa' free, 'Dynamic Background Lighting' (...
  17. T

They certainly have a wider "field of view" You may have experienced this situation... I remember if I sat in a static traffic queue and there was a grass /concrete bank close on the side, the sensors would pick it up, & sound the continuous audio warning until the queue moved on.
  18. T

Discover Media

If you ever became bored with the various colours available I see my We Connect shop also offers me, wait for it , 'Dynamic Background Lighting' for the princely sum of GBP 35.
  19. T

Road noise

Interesting the EU Tyre regs give the Nexen tyres the lower external rolling noise level compared with the Goodyear & Bridgestones VW fit. Wet grip they score an 'A' same as the Goodyear|& Michelin tyres with the Bridgestones a 'B' classification.
  20. T

Mk8 Orders

Again can confirm no issues with Infotainment. Built mid January 2022 so new hardware (the new Snapdragon processor from Qualcomm and a faster graphics unit )