GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

06 civic Si vs. my 06 MKV at the track

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
as i warned u floridians earlier, i was going to visit the track on saturday night. which i did and was only 1 of 2 (2nd being my friend in his 04' GLI)vw's in the whole event :( in any case i still managed to have fun in a war with no one to back me up out there. As i was one of the only guys reppin VW i managed to pull me a nice victory. i am completely bone stock with only 500miles on the odo, and he had exhaust and was fully broken in. in other words no excuses

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
JJ i messed up. this thread needs to be moved to general discussion:(

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
Who cares if you messed up, great job. Those are some great numbers for a great car. When the New england and New Hampshire tracks open up in april, I'm heading down there with some buddies.

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
Not to take away anything from you victory, but he does have one excuse. A civic is NA. Don't get me wrong, I love my GTi. But the civic is putting out 195 na to our 200 fi, pretty sure we would get our asses handed to us if the civic was fi. Great run though.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
Dubdr said:
Not to take away anything from you victory, but he does have one excuse. A civic is NA. Don't get me wrong, I love my GTi. But the civic is putting out 195 na to our 200 fi, pretty sure we would get our asses handed to us if the civic was fi. Great run though.
yes we have turbo's to help us but they have higher compression and weigh 500lbs less. and again he had exhaust and his engine was broken in. i on the other hand weigh alot more, im bone stock, and my engine isn't even broken in. im glad i bought my GTI. and as for the 200fi we actually produce 225hp with a pee size turbo... its been proven.

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
"yes we have turbo's to help us but they have higher compression and weigh 500lbs less. and again he had exhaust and his engine was broken in. i on the other hand weigh alot more, im bone stock, and my engine isn't even broken in. im glad i bought my GTI. and as for the 200fi we actually produce 225hp with a pee size turbo... its been proven."

Everything I have says 200hp. But what do I know, I only fix them for a living. And like I said at over 500lbs with a turbo they would have beaten us.

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
I LOVE THAT....I'm gonna send it to every Honda Guy trying to talk shit in dub forums...trust me theres alot of them. way to go.

:headbang:

Yeah, there are a ton if them.

Here is a thread where an Si beats a GTI MKV at the track. As I have stated before, it is going to come down to the driver in ALL cases with these cars.

Also, 15.9 in a Si is a very poor run, as is a 15.7 for the GTI in the thread, who later ran better.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4852

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Having a turbo or whatever is besides the point, you take the cars for what they are, not what they COULD be. When you buy the car you have a choice of what model/make but you can't walk to a dealer and demand that you want a turbo'd civic, thats what aftermarket parts and the modified scene is for.

Comparing the 2 cars is only fair when both are stock, anything else beyond that is pointless because modifications can be endless and it basically comes down to which ever car has the most done to it.

No point saying that a GTI with the turbo removed will lose to a Civic because thats obvious, and it wouldn't be a GTI anymore. It'd be a 2.0L FSI vs a Civic instead.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Slowride said:
Yeah, there are a ton if them.

Here is a thread where an Si beats a GTI MKV at the track. As I have stated before, it is going to come down to the driver in ALL cases with these cars.

Also, 15.9 in a Si is a very poor run, as is a 15.7 for the GTI in the thread, who later ran better.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4852

No one wants to go to CIVIC forums here Slowride, give it a rest, you bought a bitch ass HONDA now go and get some Type-R seat belt pads, I heard they add 15 hooowsseee powaaa to V-TEC, make berry berry fast.

:headbang: