GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

06 civic Si vs. my 06 MKV at the track

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
No one wants to go to CIVIC forums here Slowride, give it a rest, you bought a bitch ass HONDA now go and get some Type-R seat belt pads, I heard they add 15 hooowsseee powaaa to V-TEC, make berry berry fast.

:headbang:

Seriously... cut it with the retarded flame.:rolleyes: And besides, the whole "adds (insert moronic figure here)hp" comment is as old as the internet... it's not funny anymore and most certainly is not original (which is just about as original as my "it's as old as the internet" statement).

So give it a rest that Slowride is here. At least he's not flame-baiting such as yourself. He does make a valid statement that it all depends on the driver. From the looks of the figures people have been getting out of these two cars, it's a pretty close race (which is why he linked to 8thgen). So when it comes down to the #'s these cars put out, it's almost neck and neck -regardless if one's turbocharged and the other is NA-.

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
Horizon said:
Seriously... cut it with the retarded flame.:rolleyes: And besides, the whole "adds (insert moronic figure here)hp" comment is as old as the internet... it's not funny anymore and most certainly is not original (which is just about as original as my "it's as old as the internet" statement).

So give it a rest that Slowride is here. At least he's not flame-baiting such as yourself. He does make a valid statement that it all depends on the driver. From the looks of the figures people have been getting out of these two cars, it's a pretty close race (which is why he linked to 8thgen). So when it comes down to the #'s these cars put out, it's almost neck and neck -regardless if one's turbocharged and the other is NA-.

Great point.

Comparing the 2 cars is only fair when both are stock, anything else beyond that is pointless because modifications can be endless and it basically comes down to which ever car has the most done to it.

Good point.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
Dubdr said:
Everything I have says 200hp. But what do I know, I only fix them for a living. And like I said at over 500lbs with a turbo they would have beaten us.
ok dubr how is the car going to have 200hp at the crank if thats what its putting down to the wheels??

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
horsepower is not the number that means anything. Tourqe is the real number you should be looking at. The GTI has way more tourqe than the civic. The GTI has a 60,000 mile warranty with a turbo. Honda is 36,000 miles without one. Could it be that VW knows how to make more power with reliablity than honda???? Bone stock the GTI blows the honda away in almost every catagory including fit and finish comfort and performance. If you like your civic so much go have sum sushi and race a fiat, you might win then!!!

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Horizon said:

I have no idea what a flame is or what flame baiting is, i'm pretty new to car forums, as my last car was a 1989 Volvo 240 DL, and there's not a big scene going on there. I did own a Datsun 510 and that has a great scene, you should check it out www.dimequarterly.com , As for Slowride, his post might be 100% true, and I know the 2 cars are neck in neck in 1/4 mile times. However it still doesn't change the fact that CIVICS are UGLY as SHIT, and that this is a Vdub Forum. There's plenty of HONDA forums he can go to and stroke his ego, but don't expect to get any love from me. No love here, No love on the street, END OF STORY.

PS: did i mention i hate Civics.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I've always been a honda guy. I had a honda civic and my wife drives an RSX. I traded in my civic for the GTI. The RSX is a good car but it is pretty sad compared to the mkv GTI. This is also true with the new Civic SI. It is a loser in all the areas that I care about. It's funny when people say.. "oh if the civic had turbo blah blah.." thats just it. The civic doesnt have turbo. The civic doesn't have DSG. The civic doesnt have any torque. The civic doesn't have xenon headlights. The civic doesn't have 10 speakers. The civic doesn't have an in dash 6 disc CD changer. The civic rear seats suck. I could go on and on.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
trick000 said:
I've always been a honda guy. I had a honda civic and my wife drives an RSX. I traded in my civic for the GTI. The RSX is a good car but it is pretty sad compared to the mkv GTI. This is also true with the new Civic SI. It is a loser in all the areas that I care about. It's funny when people say.. "oh if the civic had turbo blah blah.." thats just it. The civic doesnt have turbo. The civic doesn't have DSG. The civic doesnt have any torque. The civic doesn't have xenon headlights. The civic doesn't have 10 speakers. The civic doesn't have an in dash 6 disc CD changer. The civic rear seats suck. I could go on and on.

PREACH BROTHER, PREACH....ummm huuuuuu

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
Dubdr said:
Everything I have says 200hp. But what do I know, I only fix them for a living. And like I said at over 500lbs with a turbo they would have beaten us.
also how are you going to give props to a car that has the same power, weigh 500lbs less and still require a turbo to win?? im sorry but if ur that excited about the civic then maybe you shouldve bought one. also just to clear things up im not flaming or didnt mean for this thread to cause so much trouble. i just know what the GTI is capable of and dont like it when people compare this car to others like a V6 mustang... once i break this engine in and the mods start coming ima show you guys some results.. just a matter of time

Horizon

Drag Race Newbie
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
I have no idea what a flame is or what flame baiting is, i'm pretty new to car forums, as my last car was a 1989 Volvo 240 DL, and there's not a big scene going on there. I did own a Datsun 510 and that has a great scene, you should check it out www.dimequarterly.com , As for Slowride, his post might be 100% true, and I know the 2 cars are neck in neck in 1/4 mile times. However it still doesn't change the fact that CIVICS are UGLY as SHIT, and that this is a Vdub Forum. There's plenty of HONDA forums he can go to and stroke his ego, but don't expect to get any love from me. No love here, No love on the street, END OF STORY.

PS: did i mention i hate Civics.

Where's the memo I missed that you have to have a VW to be on this forum? See, that's what's good about forums like these... you don't have to align yourself with one particular forum, with what car you drive. Problem is, they have people like you acting like a xenophobe to anything other than what the web forum has in its heading. I'm not asking you to like Honda's of any kind... but to give people a chance with different interests other than those of your own.

Since you're new to online car forums, I'm sure you get off on the fact that you can talk trash to whoever you want without repercussions (as the anonymity of the internet empowers those behind the monitor)... but I must ask this; will you please grow up just a little and have some civility while being on this site? It's been fairly civil on most of these discussions, but when you throw around the crap that you've been dealing like above, it tends to turn people away from this site. It's immature, silly, and just degrades the overall feel of this site. Just because this site says there's 3,616 members, doesn't mean it's just that many people reading all of this. There's lurkers from every corner of the net around here judging whether or not they would want to join this community.

Oh, and to quote you, "There's plenty of HONDA forums he can go to and stroke his ego." All I can say about that is, "Different strokes for different folks.":wink:

p.s. Here's the definition of a flame: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flame Flame baiting is basically trying to provoke someone into a "flame war." Where flames are just thrown back at each other constantly until the thread gets locked or deleted.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
That is one non driving typical foreign car drag racer wannabe in the Civic. Props to you and repping VW! So many of the import racers talk way more smack than they ever back at the track. Seen it way too many times for this just to be my opinion. Ever watch the show "PInks" where the guy has the "600 hp" turbo civic? Nothing but excuses against the guy in the 396 ci supercharged Trans Am. I ran a 15.20 in my 04 Sentra Spec V stock on my 2nd pass ever in a front wheel drive. I've been street tire racing camaros/firebirds for about 10 years. I wanna see more stock MKV's running 14's with the 6 speed manual.

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
ill get the 14's once the engine breaks in. i did this run to see the difference after 1k miles. im sure alot of guys here wont believe me when i say that after 1k miles i will actually get a better time but ill bring a slip with the time once again. im predicting high 14's @ 95mph. wish me luck

tgchiriga

Passed Driver's Ed
All I have to say is that i HATE people who say well the civic is NA and the GTI is FI. So if the Civic was FI it would beat the GTI(thats no excuse damit). The Civic SI is a direct challenge to the GTI. I dont care who you are or where you work. Honda chose to build there engine that way. They thought saving weight would cut it, apparently not. A ROYAL SCREW to honda owners. Civics are rice man I got to tell you. German engineering baby:bow:

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
blackmkv said:
ok dubr how is the car going to have 200hp at the crank if thats what its putting down to the wheels??

Front wheel drive cars loose 15-20% through the drive train. I guess we just come from too diffrent camps, I don't think that you can compare na to fi. I just don't do it. Like I said before I didn't want to take anything away from your win, I am sorry if I did. I am sorry if you guys hate it when "people say" but the way that my friends and I race, we don't compare what we consider unlike cars. Again, sorry didn't mean to offend anyone.

autox

Master Mechanic
Car(s)
06 Gti
GTI IS A BETTER CAR THEN THE CIVIC ANY DAY. THIS FOOL TRIED TO RACE ME AND ALL HE SAW WHAT MY TAILS. CIVICS ARE CHEAP!!!!!

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
autox said:
GTI IS A BETTER CAR THEN THE CIVIC ANY DAY. THIS FOOL TRIED TO RACE ME AND ALL HE SAW WHAT MY TAILS. CIVICS ARE CHEAP!!!!!

R&T agrees with you. The only thing it beat the GTi on was suspension I think. I am just not a huge honda fan. The only honda I like is my best friends 93 Si, but he has a lot of work done to it and did a great job. After he drove my GTi, I think he might change over!!! HAHA