GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

140 MPH.....No Mas!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I dont get why this loser is so mad...he made a post about having some drinks then driving 140mph, did he expect that we would praise him? Should the appropriate response have been "whoa dude ur awesome! everyone on here is a bunch of pussies because they are too scared to drink and then drive at 140mph but ur so cool because you do that!". :rolleyes: Trying to see how fast you can get your car up to isnt safe obviously, but hey, if the road is empty and ive got the need to speed ill kick it up there too (although never as high as 140). The fact that you had been drinking and then decided that it would be an appropriate time to more than double the speed limit shows horrific judgement. I dont get it.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
e36mmm said:
Hehe nah 130mph is only 210. It should easily hit 145mph. Theres more than a couple of owners who say that they've hit 250-55kmh in their stock gti's. Ofcourse it's possible for a GTI but speaking of a limiter, it should kick in about 255-60. Maybe it doesn't even have one, who knows. I've seen a stock s2000 without a limiter that hits 281km/h going downhill but im guessing the GTI would have a limiter.
The US version is limited at 130mph. I'm sure it is a different car then the one in OZ. But if you chip a US one then it is my understanding that all chips let you go faster.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Man, I'm almost speechless. I guess ignorance is bliss. For some people it DOES take someone dieing to realize that this is probably just as dumb as playing Russian Roulet. It's only a matter of time. I'm not gona call you names Tornado Red, or even try and educate you.

I just don't understand how you could post something this assynine and expect that people way say, "Cool dude, I think I'm gonna try and outdrink you then beat your top speed. Man am I jealous of you". You are rediculous.

Just last weekend my best friend got a DUI. He didn't hurt anyone and he didn't hurt him self even. He did pretty much ruin his life though in a way. He'll have to put that on his record whenever he tries to get a job, or if he gets pulled over for having a tail light out, it will show he has been a drunk driver.

If you're not going to respect your own life, for God's sake think about other people. You are a hideous blemish on this earth. Please don't respond to this, and for that matter don't ever come back to this forum, because you have lost any trickle of respect you had from anyone here.

JJ, Gulfer PLEASE do something about this. WE CANNOT LET THIS SLIDE!!!
The community has spoken. Get some help Buddy.

Diggums

Go Kart Champion
kirk180 said:
P.S. I can understand not tolerating this post gentlemen. But what makes you guys any better when your calling him a faggot (sp) and stuff but then you expect him not to name call. Whoever said this guy is responding wrong perhaps isn't getting the point. Point being, I believe everyone responded wrong to him as well. Fire doesn't put out fire, it only makes it grow. Ok, I'm done being philisophical. Take care everybody and enjoy your weekends. As that what we call it "killing him with kindness"? I see nothing kind about most of these post. I, I, I...when will we ever get it.

:w00t: ?:iono:

Sorry but I disagree. Say if he posted that he had a few drinks then got into a fight or minor scuffle then yeah, not that big of a deal, a few kind words and maybe he will see the error of his ways. Someone bragging that they were drinking then got in a car and drove 125 miles per hour on public highways deserves nothing but scorn and derision.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
if i was stone cold sober at 140mph, i think id still be likely to crack at that speed.

duno how u manage it being under the influence of alcohol. maybe gives u confidence?

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Diggums said:
Sorry but I disagree. Say if he posted that he had a few drinks then got into a fight or minor scuffle then yeah, not that big of a deal, a few kind words and maybe he will see the error of his ways. Someone bragging that they were drinking then got in a car and drove 125 miles per hour on public highways deserves nothing but scorn and derision.
Professionally speaking, I have a friend and a brother that are psychologist and I can almost 100% assure you that they would disagree with you as well. I myself having taken many courses in psych and sociology and stand by my point. If this guy was to go somewhere and speak to a professional in this area, they would not do as some of you have done. No one listens when all you do is yell. It's that whole selective hearing thingy. He obviously has defensive mechanisms kicking into high gear. Let me ask you this: Do you think an AA coordinator or someone in that field would have talked to him and name called him in the way that most here have done? That's fine if you don't agree. I'm just saying it won't get you anywhere to treat him like this. Good luck on just scorning people and thinking that that is what they deserve. But what I see here is a young man who needs help. Seems to me that calling him names and scorning him will probably drive him to drinking more.

P.S. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Please read my sig below this line. Perhaps we just have different ways of interpreting situations.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Hehe nah 130mph is only 210. It should easily hit 145mph

it easily hits 130,,,,and then the speedo moves slowly til 150+ mph
i hit 150 with 3 passengers and luggage

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Please don't throw any more gasoline on this morons fire. I think we have already found a candidate for the 2006 Darwin Award. Please god don't let him reproduce.

e36mmm

Ready to race!
GTI 2.0T said:
it easily hits 130,,,,and then the speedo moves slowly til 150+ mph
i hit 150 with 3 passengers and luggage

Hehe, it's not very safe to speed with others but i did do it myself too when i was going to sydney for a road trip. I sat on 225kmh for like 9-10 minutes and then pushed it further to 235kmh and the limiter kicked in. This was in my dad's Toyota Sportivo V6. and i only did that speeding because it was the freeway and it was dead empty at 3am in the morning. :) Luckily i didn't get any fines because i didn't go below 135kmh at all during the whole time and normally it takes u 8 hours to get to sydney from melbourne and i did it in 6. But normally i only speed when im alone. These days i never pass the speed limit because im bored of speeding :)

Diggums

Go Kart Champion
kirk180 said:
Do you think an AA coordinator or someone in that field would have talked to him and name called him in the way that most here have done? That's fine if you don't agree. I'm just saying it won't get you anywhere to treat him like this. Good luck on just scorning people and thinking that that is what they deserve.

If I was a psychologist or other medical professional whose job it is to treat people with problems like his no I would not call him names. That's not my job though. I am just a regular Joe and my family and I have to share the road with people like him. I would treat anyone who would recklessly cause innocent people harm with the same scorn that I showed him. I can appreciate your views though, and it is probably people like you who will help people like him get better once they realize they have a problem. I am glad there are people like you willing to stick up for and help guys like him. In the meantime people like me will make sure and point out that people like him are idiots. Anyway cheers on differing viewpoints! :respekt:

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Hehe, it's not very safe to speed with others but i did do it myself too when i was going to sydney for a road trip. I sat on 225kmh for like 9-10 minutes and then pushed it further to 235kmh and the limiter kicked in. This was in my dad's Toyota Sportivo V6. and i only did that speeding because it was the freeway and it was dead empty at 3am in the morning. :) Luckily i didn't get any fines because i didn't go below 135kmh at all during the whole time and normally it takes u 8 hours to get to sydney from melbourne and i did it in 6. But normally i only speed when im alone. These days i never pass the speed limit because im bored of speeding :)

i also did it in a freeway ;) ,,,,
its good to cut 2 hours off the trip :p,,,,,,,,,,,,and i NEVER get bored of speeding(always in empty+safe roads)

onthevirg

Oval Champion
kirk180 said:
Good luck on just scorning people and thinking that that is what they deserve. But what I see here is a young man who needs help. Seems to me that calling him names and scorning him will probably drive him to drinking more.

Kirk, while coming down to his level in a way by engaging in name calling (which I'm guilty of) I think that scorn in some instances, such as this, is warranted. When someone is openly flaunting their driving after drinking in this and other posts, it's hard not to feel that way. I'm not saying it's necessarily right, or constructive, but we're all human and react emotionally at times. Somehow I doubt taking a different tact with this guy, which a lot of us could have done, would have made much difference, no matter how it was phrased.

Am I wrong in calling him a tool, yeah probably. Am I wrong in feeling scorn for this guy and the way he behaves? I don't think so. Not trying to start an argument about it, just saying a subject like this is going to be highly divisive.

Shifty

Pull it shave it paint it
Car(s)
2002 TDI New Beetle
No kidding, how is this still open for discussion? Ban his ass and move on.

Dude, seriously... read out loud everything you have typed. I reeeeeeally hope that's not how you speak in person.

I BEZ STRAIT ROLLIN DEEP WIT MY BITCHIZ HITTIN UP DSG CUZ CREEPIN BE DA ONLY WAY TA GET DOWN IN DA H TOWN FIZZLE! :flame: wow. People like this guy really do roam the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.