GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

dynamiik

Ready to race!

IAmLexLuther

Passed Driver's Ed
I know you said you were on a budget but I have the Borla installed. Its quite pricy but it sounds amazing. I could post a video for you if you want me to.

Stop it. i'll beat you up lol. I just settled on going with my balling on a budget idea. don't you dare tempt me with pricey sounds of godlyness.

i mean.. unless you really wanted to.... who am i to stop you....

^^ do it!

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
pretty sure you do. you do a lot of highway driving im assuming i have almost 50,000 km, because most of my commutes are to the city. you will have a huge service at 120,000 km's and it will be expensive.

as far as the brake thing, i didn't add that i was thinking maybe i will upgrade the pads as well as the lines, but i don't track here often so fade isn't really an issue. how are your coilpacks doing? did you have any major part change?

No major part change so far. The window regulator had to be replaced because it was making noise as well as my seat track because it was squeeking. Other than that there has been nothing mechanical. I've toyed with the idea of getting a tune but not sure if its worth it or not.

What needs to be done at 120,000? I don't have my manual handy

i was writing by hand, then I said.. nah.. :p

*notice how dsg and auto get transmission oil change.. manual doesn't have any notes regarding it. It's because the crazy engineers in Germany think the fluid for manual trans, is life time... :bellyroll: basically comes down to the enthusiast. A granny who buys this car till death will never bother with it. But if you want the factory feel, i suggest a change ever 50k miles. I posted earlier on how to do it yourself for those wondering still.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
I'm curious to see if I can Install a 10" sub and amp for under 500$. Looking to go stealth. I use the trunk quite a lot so..

I bought a sub/amp combo from future shop on a boxing day sale. Its not a top end sub/amp but it hits harder then I would ever need.

I paid $149.99 and it was regular $299.99 or something like that. It is a 800 watt sub with a 200 watt amp... don't ask me why... and that is plenty for me. I currently have the amp settings about 75% and only have my bass settings in my car set at 50% and its more enough for me. If you don't need a massage when you listen to music like me then you don't need to go get some 400 dollar sub and $400 amp.

I did't have to pay for installation because my cousin knows how to do so I did it with him. With that being said if you are decent with cars its a pretty straight forward job. If you need pictures and what not of my set up let me know I can show you how mine is installed.

Also I can take my sub out of my trunk is about 10sec and have it back installed in 10sec. All you have to do it disconnect the 2 wires going to the sub and pull it out. I have my sub held down with Velcro which actually holds it in place that way I can get it in and out very quickly.

Last edited:
I bought a sub/amp combo from future shop on a boxing day sale. Its not a top end sub/amp but it hits harder then I would ever need.

I paid $149.99 and it was regular $299.99 or something like that. It is a 800 watt sub with a 200 watt amp... don't ask me why... and that is plenty for me. I currently have the amp settings about 75% and only have my bass settings in my car set at 50% and its more enough for me. If you don't need a massage when you listen to music like me then you don't need to go get some 400 dollar sub and $400 amp.

I did't have to pay for installation because my cousin knows how to do so I did it with him. With that being said if you are decent with cars its a pretty straight forward job. If you need pictures and what not of my set up let me know I can show you how mine is installed.

Also I can take my sub out of my trunk is about 10sec and have it back installed in 10sec. All you have to do it disconnect the 2 wires going to the sub and pull it out. I have my sub held down with Velcro which actually holds it in place that way I can get it in and out very quickly.

nice. yeah, i just want to get rid of the bass in the doors so I the treble can be hit the high's better. you know what i mean? A picture would be nice. I mean, if you can take it off the car in 15-20 secs thats perfect.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
nice. yeah, i just want to get rid of the bass in the doors so I the treble can be hit the high's better. you know what i mean? A picture would be nice. I mean, if you can take it off the car in 15-20 secs thats perfect.

My set up

Sub moved out of the way. My amp is screwed into the back of the single folding seat

Strip if Velcro that holds it in place. Believe it or not it actually does a great job at holding the sub in place, you have to give it a good yank to get it off the Velcro.

The two wires connected to the sub. Some subs are different, but mine you just press down on top of the two metal clamps and pull the wires out. Some subs you would need to unscrew the wires.

Thats about it. Took my literally 15sec to pull that out and snap the pictures. If i ever have to remove the amp I would have to unscrew it.

You will notice I have a lot of loose wire and thats because I want to be to move my sub around if I have to, same with the amp. You could easily clean that up and have all those wires hidden if you wanted to.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
anyone have a pic of a golf/tdi with DG springs on 17's?

also a pic of a golf/tdi with vwr springs on 17's?

parents would be a bit more convinced to let me get springs if they see "VW" on the box lolol

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
^ those DG springs?