GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 - 2011 NHL Playoff thread

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Congrats to Boston and I got a call from a few relatives in the B.C. area. I guess they are rioting down town burning shit.

I'd expect this from an LA team lol

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
sounds like WWIII outside my window here in Boston. Fucking epic win Bruins!!!

luuluu

Ready to race!
no never. bad canadian.
boston sucks @ everything. - new yorker

I live in Calgary so there is a huge rivalry between the 2 teams. Vancouver fans are annoying as hell...burning their own beautiful city...I honestly don't know many Calgarians who were actually cheer for Vancouver "Canada's team" and with the outcome of their rioting it's pretty embarrassing. Sad to see.

Sure the teams got talent respect to that but damn I can't stand Burrows, the Sedin sisters, Luongo, Kesler, etc basically the whole team.

Bruins have more Canadian players then the Canucks.

Hats off to Timmy Tom, guys pure heart and deserved to win the Cup. Just so into the game every night. Seeing him cheering everytime Boston scored. Awesome to see.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
I live in Calgary so there is a huge rivalry between the 2 teams. Vancouver fans are annoying as hell...burning their own beautiful city...I honestly don't know many Calgarians who were actually cheer for Vancouver "Canada's team" and with the outcome of their rioting it's pretty embarrassing. Sad to see.

Sure the teams got talent respect to that but damn I can't stand Burrows, the Sedin sisters, Luongo, Kesler, etc basically the whole team.

Bruins have more Canadian players then the Canucks.

Hats off to Timmy Tom, guys pure heart and deserved to win the Cup. Just so into the game every night. Seeing him cheering everytime Boston scored. Awesome to see.

Thomas is seriously a class act. Loved his play throughout the entire series.

As for Vancouver's reaction to the loss...embarrassing. What is this, 1994?

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Okay... I don't wanna come off as a hater. But, Thomas wasn't that great. After years of playing goal and coaching. I can tell you that Thomas didn't overly impress me. Ill explain why.

Thomas challenges a lot. Cuts down the angle of the shot tremendously. This will work for one time shot opportunities. But, when you get rebounds they can and will be put home easily.

Most of Thomas' saves were from One time shots. His first save ability is stellar because of how aggressive he is on the challenge.

Why doesn't Thomas give up rebound goals? Is it because he is a vacuum that doesn't give up any rebounds....hell no. He gives up a ton of rebounds and losses the puck often.

Reason he doesnt give up rebound goals is because of the play in front of him. Boston's Defense is amazing. Not just the D-men, but the two-way forwards. They are physical as hell and arent scared to block a shot.

Look back at this whole playoff run, how many times did Thomas get luck. From a D-man blocking an open net, or a puck sitting in the crease just getting cleared out by one of his own, or him making some crazy ass desperation save that luckily caught a piece of him.

Lunogo and Thomas aren't great goalies... they are percentage goalies. Look at a goalie like Ward or Brodeur. Those are goalies that have a natural ability to steal a game on their own or to make a spectacular save that is pure talent.

If the Bruins had played a team that was physical like the redwings. It would have been a short series. Vancouver this whole series was looking for that famous 'pretty' play. Where the sundins would set up behind the net and make some crazy little pass to burrows. Shit isn't going to fly against a Defensive team like Boston.

Boston would have won this series without Thomas in net. Tukka Rask is a better goalie, IMO. And will take over next year. I can promise that.

Thomas is a hell of a guy with heart and deserved to win so much more than Luongo did. No doubt about that. Its just the fact his team won it for him. Boston's defense was a thing of beauty.

Don't even get me started on Luongo. Idk how a goalie as shaky as him gets so much damn praise. He is a pure percentage goalie. He is only good downlow. And stops a lot because of his size. His glove hand is a joke. He cant catch a puck to save his life. Always has a pop out occur. He can's stick handle ether. It's a wonder to me how the Canucks even made it this far.

utekineir

Banned
He gives up a ton of rebounds and losses the puck often.

If the Bruins had played a team that was physical like the redwings.

I agree. Redwings cornholed us this year.

Also, the start of the playoffs against montreal it seemed like we were sunk. The rebound situation was horrid. Without a doubt the d kept thomas afloat. Things did not come together till the stay at lake placid because montreal was supposedly too hostile an environment for the team to stay.

What I did really like about thomas though was after each loss in vancouver at the start of the series in his interviews after he was still upbeat, really the opposite of luongos interviews where he was begging to have his tires pumped, which is probably some sort of slang for a gay hand job in montreal.

Marchand and the sisters really summed up the series for me. How can a rookie be allowed to utterly shit all over two established star players across multiple games and instances? No fight, no balls.

Skip to 2:05

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Sedins remind me of Cindy... I mean Sidney Crosby. Talented scores, but no balls. They lack the physical play. Thats why I like Ovetchkin. He's a puck hog a lot of the times, but damn that guy can dish out a hit and take one as well.

I noted at the start of the series Lucci is my favorite Boston player. Hands down a kick ass two way player. Plays D well and can score.

I just don't understand how the Canucks made it that far. I was hoping Chicago did them in first round.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I was hoping Chicago did them in first round.

Me too, me too. I think that would have stirred up the whole Vancouver organization, and my life would have been complete.

Lol at that Marchand video, although he seems to be a bit of a douche...

Can I put Patrick Kane in that list of girly men? He plays well enough but man, it takes him about a half an hour to get up after a hit...

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Meh. I'm sure you guys are right. I'm nearly the furthest thing from a hockey fan imaginable and really don't know wtf I am talking about.

But he looked pretty impressive to me. Maybe it was just impressively good luck.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Me too, me too. I think that would have stirred up the whole Vancouver organization, and my life would have been complete.

Can I put Patrick Kane in that list of girly men? He plays well enough but man, it takes him about a half an hour to get up after a hit...

but when you have seabrook behind you.. well then you can some soft offense men.

Don't get me wrong though Thomas played very well, just not amazing.

Back in '03 is when my jaw was dropped. J.S. Giguere had one of the greatest playoff runs I have ever seen. He was a fucking wall. He stood on his head. Including multiple 3x OT games. Then he faced Broduer who also had crazy year in net. Think he had something like 7 post season shut outs.

That stands out as the best playoff year for goalies.

He took a cinderella Ducks team to a game 7 Stanley Cup Final. I had the pleasure of being at most of those home games that year. Un real. I have never seen a goalie stop so much.

The Redwings were nailing everything at him. He stopped it all. Giguere won the Conn Sythm that year, even though they lost in a game 7 to the Devils.

Thomas played well... but he's not the MVP in my book.

utekineir

Banned

Absolutely would hate him if he wasn't on the home team. Hes referred to as a rat half the time on the local radio.
Thomas played well... but he's not the MVP in my book.

No question his d bailed him out time and time again. But no one else really stood out like him either. Its an individual award, not a goalie and the players that blocked/caught shots, grabbed rebounds award.

Actually never mind, marchand should get it. He was by far the most entertaining.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Marchand is who I thought deserved it most on Boston. He meant a lot to Boston. Ryder had some good goals in earlier series as well.

Well... you Boston fans have to appreciate this, one of the only times I can say I ever teared up watching a hockey game.

Ray Bourque meant so much to Boston. It was nice to see him finally raise the cup. Too bad he couldnt have done with it Boston.

one of my favorite moments in hockey.