GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Mustang GT vs 2016 Golf R Discussion Thread

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Who says there is even going to be a 2015 Golf R anyway?

Due 1st quarter of 2015. Will most likely be a 2016 model which makes sense for the R's North American 4 year cycle.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Been a while since I drove a 'stang... That big thing out-handles a golf? Really?

:: not sure if serious ::

the current gen GT can handle on par with a BMW M3.....

spessx

Ready to race!
:: not sure if serious ::

the current gen GT can handle on par with a BMW M3.....

They're pretty strong cars. I see a few running every time I go to the track. I can usually hang onto them in the more technical part of the tracks. If they can drive the car at 7/10ths + or it's on the straights - forget about it.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
I'm honestly interested in what people would choose between these two cars. As for myself, I don't know what I'd do. I'd have to see and drive them both.

Well, since you're interested...the next Golf R will most likely be a "2016 Golf R", not "2015 Golf R". All signs point toward a late 2015 release for a 2016 model year car. So, petition Gunkata to change the thread title, since he has designated your thread as an Official Troll Thread.

Secondly, I would buy the Mustang, since I already own a Golf R.

Bless you and have a noice day.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I don't read the MK6 R section looking for MK7 info :iono:

There is a whole MK7 section that no one has used for months, I just figured there was no news.

The MK7 section is for viewing only, no posting now. You have to visit golfmk7.com for the latest MK7 news - or an existing MK6 section.