GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Ham almost a full second off the pace in qualifying. 😐

torga

Autocross Champion
I feel so bad for Alonso, damn. He was hooking it up!!

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
French fortitude. English cuisine. Russian compassion. Red Bull reliability.

torga

Autocross Champion
The French have won so many wars/battles, though.

torga

Autocross Champion
Commanding race, the entire time. Midfield was hot hot hot! Some good fights back there, good strategies.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
The French have won so many wars/battles, though.
They don't call them the cheese-eating surrender monkeys for nothing.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
For a race in Australia it wasn't bad. Not a lot of driver dicing, but still had some interesting things happen through the whole weekend, crashes, scootergate, car reliability problems for various teams, decent midfield battles and the part that made the race for me, Max not finishing. That always makes for a good race. ;)

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Since Ferrari clearly has the fastest car, but also the worst porpoising, it makes me wonder if they're even trying to fix it.. They might be worried that attempting to fix the porpoising will mess up something else.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Since Ferrari clearly has the fastest car, but also the worst porpoising, it makes me wonder if they're even trying to fix it.. They might be worried that attempting to fix the porpoising will mess up something else.
I wonder if they saw how slow Mercedes is trying to fix it, and decided it's best to just bank the points while they can. I wouldn't be surprised if the Merc is monstrously quick once they get on top of the issue.

torga

Autocross Champion
I wonder if they saw how slow Mercedes is trying to fix it, and decided it's best to just bank the points while they can. I wouldn't be surprised if the Merc is monstrously quick once they get on top of the issue.

Was just remarking to a buddy how Merc is at least a second off pace, yet they're 2nd in WCC and Russell is 2nd in WDC. Speed wins races, reliability wins championships. Whatever their issues are, they aren't far behind and can snap up points and podiums when they can. Plus, they don't have fuel pumps failing and oil hoses blowing off like a certain soft drink company.

torga

Autocross Champion
The RBR issues are likely (hopefully) just teething after the official Honda separation. They still have some Honda consulting staff, but it's not the same. I do hope they figure out their reliability because LEC v VER during the first two races was just stellar -- I want that throughout the whole season.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Sprint weekend in Imola. Here are the track maps from Merc for last and this year.