GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
The fuck was Tsunoda sent back out.

🤦‍♂️
Well Red Bull sent him back out, oops I mean Alpha Tauri because they didn't think anything was wrong but needed Yuki to stop on track in an obvious place to draw out the safety car. It is really nice for Max to have 3 team mates working for him. Ha! ;)

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Good for Yuki, getting an OTPHJ so that the pit wall can cover up the fact that they knew the wheel wasn't on right. I can't even finagle one of those after a half bottle of wine for the missus.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Did they ever say what the issue was with Yuki's car???

Ferrari not having that 4th tire ready to go on sums up their season, lol

torga

Autocross Champion
It was apparently a differential issue for Yuki.

Really looked like it might be going Hamilton's way for a bit there.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
All I can say is that Hamilton wants everyone to be a wingman, but he won’t be one himself. I don’t like Russel, but he made the right tire call….. and you didn’t Hamilton…..stop blaming everyone else

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
All I can say is that Hamilton wants everyone to be a wingman, but he won’t be one himself. I don’t like Russel, but he made the right tire call….. and you didn’t Hamilton…..stop blaming everyone else
He did apologize to his team afterwards for the comments. He admitted that he was super frustrated in the moment but understands why the call was made at the time.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
He did apologize to his team afterwards for the comments. He admitted that he was super frustrated in the moment but understands why the call was made at the time.
That's true....I just think he go so used to Valtteri letting him be in front, Russel passing him lite the fuse.

torga

Autocross Champion
It's a shame the hate that Yuki/Hannah Schmitz are getting. Some mouth breathers in the LH fandom seem to be blaming them for conspiring to trigger a SC.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
It's a shame the hate that Yuki/Hannah Schmitz are getting. Some mouth breathers in the LH fandom seem to be blaming them for conspiring to trigger a SC.
As though Red Bull needed to do it because Hamilton isn't 150 points behind Max.........

To put that in perspective, for Hamilton to take that title away from Max with 7 races remaining, Hamilton would need to win every single race from this point forward and Max would need to end up in P9 or worse FOR EVERY SINGLE REMAINING RACE.

What world are these people living in?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
I can’t imagine that conspiracy theory, but it is very odd that his tires were not on, then all of a sudden they were, and then all of a sudden he’s getting help adjusting his seatbelt? Not a good look for him as a driver

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I can’t imagine that conspiracy theory, but it is very odd that his tires were not on, then all of a sudden they were, and then all of a sudden he’s getting help adjusting his seatbelt? Not a good look for him as a driver
They explained what happened.

Yuki thought it was a tire issue and pulled off the track. He undid his seat belts at that time expecting to get out of the car. The team said no the tire is good bring it back to the pits and he did (not having redone his seat belt, which he did get a slap on the wrist for). They swapped out the tires and redid his seatbelts to send him on his way. As he started going again he said there was still an issue (the team is now saying it was the differential) and he was instructed not to block traffic in the pit lane and find a place to pull off.

Should they have sent him back out without actually checking on the car? Easy to say with the knowledge we have now, but in the heat of the moment during a race and the team apparently not having all the information about the fault? I could see why the decision was made to send him back out.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
They explained what happened.

Yuki thought it was a tire issue and pulled off the track. He undid his seat belts at that time expecting to get out of the car. The team said no the tire is good bring it back to the pits and he did (not having redone his seat belt, which he did get a slap on the wrist for). They swapped out the tires and redid his seatbelts to send him on his way. As he started going again he said there was still an issue (the team is now saying it was the differential) and he was instructed not to block traffic in the pit lane and find a place to pull off.

Should they have sent him back out without actually checking on the car? Easy to say with the knowledge we have now, but in the heat of the moment during a race and the team apparently not having all the information about the fault? I could see why the decision was made to send him back out.
Nice! I totally missed that…thanks for filling me in…my wife and daughter were suspect too lol

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
As though Red Bull needed to do it because Hamilton isn't 150 points behind Max.........

To put that in perspective, for Hamilton to take that title away from Max with 7 races remaining, Hamilton would need to win every single race from this point forward and Max would need to end up in P9 or worse FOR EVERY SINGLE REMAINING RACE.

What world are these people living in?

HUGE hits of hope-ium. RB would have to have the worst luck of any team in recent times to not seal both championships with the lead they have. Especially with Merc pirating points off of Ferrari.

No lie, I was a bit bummed as it was probably one of the few remaining tracks that Ham had a chance to keep the 'one win a season' streak alive.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
HUGE hits of hope-ium. RB would have to have the worst luck of any team in recent times to not seal both championships with the lead they have. Especially with Merc pirating points off of Ferrari.

No lie, I was a bit bummed as it was probably one of the few remaining tracks that Ham had a chance to keep the 'one win a season' streak alive.
Seriously. There's 109 points between Leclerc (or Perez) and Max. Even for Leclerc to take the title away from Max at this point he would have to win every single grand prix remaining, and Max would need to average P6 or worse.

If Leclerc (or Perez) get 25 points from here on out they end with 376 points. Max is 66 points away from that total, with 7 races to go.