GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

An Attempt at HDR, and it....

GotGTI?

caus GTI is raycekor. :-|
SUCKS! if you ask me. I tried.

problem is i used a single image and edited it multiple times so that def didn't help. but i wanted to give it a shot. i used "Photomatix" i also downloaded a demo of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 so i'm going to give that a shot with some real pictures that were taken at different levels. sooo yeah, just thought i'd share.

Here's the Original photo.

Last edited:

Nikerey

Darkness
minus the noise its pretty bad ass...but you def need the three dif images at different exposures.

MKVCrowing

computer geek
HDR's are always going to be noisy... so its best to shoot at the lowest ISO possible... even 400 is too high...

also, for the contrast of a car with lights on at night, you're gonna need a whole lot more than 3 exposures... 12 is a pretty safe number...

has a cool look tho, and Photomatix FTW!

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
get a tripod if you dont already have 1 and take a bunch in high exposure and low exposure. get a copy (demo or trial) of adobe photoshop and look google photoshop hdr, make sure the images are identical that the camera didnt move in between each such otherwise the hdr will be blury.

heres my 1st attempt in hdr... sucks cant even tell it is lol (only used 4 pictures)

Last edited:

odascoo

a mansion in WISCANSIN
get a tripod if you dont already have 1 and take a bunch in high exposure and low exposure. get a copy (demo or trial) of adobe photoshop and look google photoshop hdr, make sure the images are identical that the camera didnt move in between each such otherwise the hdr will be blury.

heres my 1st attempt in hdr... kinda sucks cant even tell it is lol (only used 4 pictures)

dude your car is so sick man. i remember seeing at parts4vw.. and i said "dayaaaamm!!!" and my girl was like "aww that rabbit is FIERCEly cute"

MKVCrowing

computer geek

Photoshop's HDR function is really only for Visual Effects work, like HDRI generation.. and not so much the cool tone mapping you see with these extreme HDRs out there... granted you can do a limited amount in PS, PhotoMatix is really the program to use for a stylized photo.

GotGTI?

Tripod - Check
Photoshop CS - Check

I just need to get out and get some pics!

Yeah the above attempt of mine i had 5 images. Didn't do a whole lot.

Last edited:

GotGTI?

lol....I got nothin but point and shoot.

Canon PowerShot SD900 (no IS which is why i HAD to get a tripod)

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
now this is an HDR

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
very nice :coolpics: they look like video game intro's