GOLFMKV

An Attempt at HDR, and it....

omegach

Banned
wow mkvcrowing those hdrs are sick

i dig the lines on the sti, looks awesome

InfraRed

Driving on the wrong side
HDR's are always going to be noisy... so its best to shoot at the lowest ISO possible... even 400 is too high...

also, for the contrast of a car with lights on at night, you're gonna need a whole lot more than 3 exposures... 12 is a pretty safe number...

has a cool look tho, and Photomatix FTW!

i'm sorry, but hdr's are NOT ALWAYS noisy.

MKVCrowing

computer geek
i'm sorry, but hdr's are NOT ALWAYS noisy.

without getting into a totally geeked out photo/camera argument you are right, not ALWAYS... but a majority of the time, they will be, but your best hope is going to be on a 5D or 1D at ISO50... and something extremely contrasty with 15 exposures will have some grain, depending on your post work.

but if the OP is using a point and shoot, even using a manual low ISO setting, a P&S lens and chip is going to give you a lower quality (not meant to bag on you, just leads to a point) image, with lower color depth... so if you push those tonal ranges in Photomatix, you will probably see some noise... also depends on your smoothing setting...

anyways, like I said, didn't want to start an argument and Hi-Jack, but looks like I did a bad job of that.... :frown:

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
I'm sorry i'm a photo newb. CAn somebody tell me what the hell is going on here that makes these look so damn cool?

BlueWabbit

back being low.
i like the original pic pretty nice. but the HDR pics are pretty hot that mustang makes me actually like domestics =X

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
camera sensors are limited in the dynamic range they can capture

with hdr, you take multiple exposures to correct for lack of dynamic range

I assume that this is only possible with a DSLR? I can't do this the old school way with a regular SLR(obviously in print form not digital) can I?

MKVCrowing

computer geek
I assume that this is only possible with a DSLR? I can't do this the old school way with a regular SLR(obviously in print form not digital) can I?

If you have a scanner that can give you high res possibly RAW or LOG space images sure... even if you have jpegs, it'll work... but you have to go digital at one point... plus you're gonna shoot up a LOT of film to get your exposure range!!

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
all i wanna know is wtf program omegach used to run the noise filters on MY image..

Im interested as well... I havnt been impressed with many of my HDR's, i have a great one of the Halo 3 Spartan helmet and another good random shot of my car. I realize now that i was always on to high of an ISO setting.

InfraRed

Driving on the wrong side
without getting into a totally geeked out photo/camera argument you are right, not ALWAYS... but a majority of the time, they will be, but your best hope is going to be on a 5D or 1D at ISO50... and something extremely contrasty with 15 exposures will have some grain, depending on your post work.

but if the OP is using a point and shoot, even using a manual low ISO setting, a P&S lens and chip is going to give you a lower quality (not meant to bag on you, just leads to a point) image, with lower color depth... so if you push those tonal ranges in Photomatix, you will probably see some noise... also depends on your smoothing setting...

anyways, like I said, didn't want to start an argument and Hi-Jack, but looks like I did a bad job of that.... :frown:

i can do a 3 exposure shot with my 20d at iso 100 and get virtually no noise. it all depends on the settings for the most part. and i agree with what you said up there. :thumbup: