GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

An Attempt at HDR, and it....

MKVCrowing

computer geek
i can do a 3 exposure shot with my 20d at iso 100 and get virtually no noise. it all depends on the settings for the most part. and i agree with what you said up there. :thumbup:

as long as you're shooting canon... we can be best friends. :w00t:

pbfoot

Ready to race!
after running it through the noise filter it looks great! those colors on the water are unbelievable!

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
i can do a 3 exposure shot with my 20d at iso 100 and get virtually no noise. it all depends on the settings for the most part. and i agree with what you said up there. :thumbup:

that is bracketing and the proper way to do an HDR image. there is no need for 15 images for HDR. you need under exposed, properly exposed and over exposed.

MKVCrowing

computer geek
that is bracketing and the proper way to do an HDR image. there is no need for 15 images for HDR. you need under exposed, properly exposed and over exposed.

not to beat a dead horse... but 3 exposures will NOT give you the tonal range you need.

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
I just got photomatix last night and already tried a simple 3 exposure on iso 100 with my XTi and it came out just fine,,, but i can see more pictures coming out better...

A few q's that i think all of us HRD newbies can benefit from:

do you guys usually use a high aperture setting to get more stuff in focus?

I can setup my tripod tonight and do one shot at each stop from -2 to +2 (total of 12 shots) and then just plug it into photomatix and it will arrange them all?

To get more do you just adjust the exposure manually to get below -2 and above +2?

MKVCrowing

computer geek
I just got photomatix last night and already tried a simple 3 exposure on iso 100 with my XTi and it came out just fine,,, but i can see more pictures coming out better...

A few q's that i think all of us HRD newbies can benefit from:

do you guys usually use a high aperture setting to get more stuff in focus?

I can setup my tripod tonight and do one shot at each stop from -2 to +2 (total of 12 shots) and then just plug it into photomatix and it will arrange them all?

To get more do you just adjust the exposure manually to get below -2 and above +2?

I normally try to shoot pretty stopped down... around f8 or f11... obviously this will make for some lonnng exposure times, but it will give you more detail

I never use AEB, but if I remember right its adjusting your shutter speed, so say you're set at f8 1/250, with AEB you will shoot 1/250, 1/100, and 1/500, or whatever your internal meter says is one stop over and one stop under... so then realize if you just adjust your shutter to 1/100 after taking these three exposures, its going do take 1/100, 1/250 and 1/50, duplicating 2 of your previous exposures... so you either have to use AEB and make major shifts each time, making sure you're covering the proper range... or save all that trouble and just do it manually... like I said I don't use AEB, so some of the previous comments may be coming out my brownhole.

but I have thrown 20 CR2's at photomatix before and after a few minutes of calculation it returns the image no problem!

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
I personally havent tried any HDR images ( i am a photographer with 23 years experience ) but i would tend to think that you would get a much higher dynamic range by using more images stair stepped together by exposure - 3 images will give you 3 depths of exposure - 15 images will give you 15 depths of exposure, its common sense. Im going to get photomatix and try some soon, ill stop in with my results of my FH HDR photos

GotGTI?

caus GTI is raycekor. :-|
Alright, Attempt #2

I didn't shoot my car because it's a filthy little skank right now. So i just shot my condo.

Original:

My 2nd Go at HDR: