GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody a video game junkie?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Just finished BG3. Good game, but I'm glad it's over.

I'm not sure it deserves some of the scores it got just because of how janky things like the camera control got at times. I also had a couple issues where my saves became corrupt. The only way to fix it was to go back until I found I save that worked. That happened a couple times.

I put a good 94 hours into it though.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion

I'm not sure it deserves some of the scores it got just because of how janky things like the camera control got at times. I also had a couple issues where my saves became corrupt. The only way to fix it was to go back until I found I save that worked. That happened a couple times.

Have about 50 hours in it between release and early access. Currently in Act 2 and haven't been interested enough to play it lately. There's plenty of memorable moments/battles but there's too much dialogue for my liking. I don't have a lot of patience with games.

Impressive job by the devs though without a doubt.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Have about 50 hours in it between release and early access. Currently in Act 2 and haven't been interested enough to play it lately. There's plenty of memorable moments/battles but there's too much dialogue for my liking. I don't have a lot of patience with games.

Impressive job by the devs though without a doubt.
The beginning of act 3 is rough too. There's so many npcs all of a sudden and not as many interesting areas to explore. I swear I spent almost 10 hours just walking around talking to people when I first got into A3. There was very little combat for a while. I was pretty into act 1 and 2, but 3 took a little bit before it got better. Maybe that's just because of how I play. I wanted the ending to go a certain way so I was hesitant to do anything until I talked to everybody. I had to know all my options.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Now Starfield is gonna be another 125gb game that takes 100+ hours. lol
I'm more looking forward to Lords of the Fallen, but I think that's not until late october, so I should be able to beat Starfield before then.

Sounds like that AMD FSR3 patch comes out next month. That looks to be bringing some crazy fps improvements. I guess it was a good time to get that new gpu, but we'll see soon.

The Cyberpunk 2077 update sounds pretty cool too, but that's another long game. Maybe I'll check that out closer to the end of the year.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Now Starfield is gonna be another 125gb game that takes 100+ hours. lol
I'm more looking forward to Lords of the Fallen, but I think that's not until late october, so I should be able to beat Starfield before then.

Sounds like that AMD FSR3 patch comes out next month. That looks to be bringing some crazy fps improvements. I guess it was a good time to get that new gpu, but we'll see soon.

The Cyberpunk 2077 update sounds pretty cool too, but that's another long game. Maybe I'll check that out closer to the end of the year.
Instead of a new gpu have you tried GeForce Now? $20/month for the top tier with Ray Tracing and can run 4k no problem. Uses a lot of data though so if your ISP caps you on bandwidth then you might have to pay extra. COX charges me $50/mo more for unlimited data, otherwise its a 1280gig cap

Daks

Autocross Champion
I started Hogwarth's Legacy this weekend. Enjoying it so far, about six hours in. I'm a fucking wizard.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

I downloaded a camera mod. It's ridiculous that a game which focuses so heavily on exploration doesn't allow you full control to look around.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Instead of a new gpu have you tried GeForce Now? $20/month for the top tier with Ray Tracing and can run 4k no problem. Uses a lot of data though so if your ISP caps you on bandwidth then you might have to pay extra. COX charges me $50/mo more for unlimited data, otherwise its a 1280gig cap
Nah, I always keep my hardware updated so I've never looked into that streaming stuff.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Nah, I always keep my hardware updated so I've never looked into that streaming stuff.
Unless you already have an RTX 4080 card ($1.2k) you can't beat the value of Geforce Now at $99/6mo. And even online PVP games like Apex feel just as responsive as running it on my PC.

Cons are that it doesn't support every single game, although it does have hundreds if not thousands. And of course you need a fast & reliable internet connection with lots of data.

Games like Cyberpunk look amazing in 4k with ray tracing at 120fps

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Starfield anyone?
Got it with my GPU.
1693490740349.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion