GOLFMKV

Anyone own a 2010 Tiguan? Need advice

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Aryton Senna signed it! Must be a race car… congrats

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Well hold up there....

The RNS-315 is easy to distinguish.....it has the smaller display & then the knob in the middle of the bottom (three knobs across the bottom in total), but it has Navigation. They should all have a camera input btw:

There's the RCD-510, which has a bigger screen but no Navigation. And the early ones didn't have a camera input.

Then there were newer versions of the RCD-510, which could accept a OEM camera input. You can only tell if it has it by pulling it out & looking for the yellow input on the back side:

RNS-510 had the big screen AND Navigation and camera input, but was super slow to run.

Then there's the (Chinese?) RCD-330 which can add Apple CarPlay. I'm not sure about the back up camera situation though and all that.

But anyways....if it has that port, buy a camera w/harness and then hook it up & run the wiring!
Not all 315s have the RVC slot.

Most 330s can do RVC but not with OEM kit.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Aryton Senna signed it! Must be a race car… congrats

I was thinking the same thing! lol

So turns out, the girl I bought the Tiguan from is Brazilian and the president of the local motorsports club....races motorcycles too....I suddenly felt more comfortable in the buying

Oh I was ready.....had everything ready and only something glaring during my inspection was going to shut it down. Taking it to my shop this week for an in depth look.