GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR STAGE 3 FULL OF CRAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
yes he is well into 60k's he first went to stage 2 and then didnt like results and went to stage 3 , off course all the work was done at dealership and paid labor and taxes.. so yes he has spent alot ... also to keep up with a viper in 1/4 mile is not much only in a 11 second race when your being beat by 6 cars, im sure if the race was longer i would probably not even see his lights

Want a cookie? Go get dusted off by an $8000 fox body, then go post on the ford forums about it.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Personally I don't care either way, but I certainly wouldn't judge one car and a couple of races and state that APR is full of crap. Since none of us are aware of the specs of the car it's hard to go on someone coming here seemingly to pick a fight (looking at the low post numbers). Call it what it is, Vipers are fast, there's lots of fast cars out there. Maybe this cars clutch is slipping, maybe it's stage 3 and he put bad fuel in it, there are tons of maybe's. The car didn't seem to launch the way I have had the experience of launching them. Personally having owned a z06 my Golf R gets off the line better. However the z06 catches it quickly. Now I'm not stage 3 or 3+ but again with out seeing the build specs and the cars details this is all speculation. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

ktbaird

Passed Driver's Ed
For any car to be compared in a race with a viper is a compliment for sure...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
You should race Wolf :D

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
keep in mind the viper is 10 years old..!

You can race my 3000GT. That's 20 years old lol. I have maybe $10k into it including the purchase of the car 11 years ago :D

But seriously, I don't think APR is full of crap, I just think he needs to learn to drive his car a little better. It's a very close race and without knowing his specs it could put either one of you ahead in the numbers game

craigsix

Ready to race!
what i like is watching a crappy looking fox body whop up on a gtr at the track. its just racing the more testing and tuning we do makes us faster! some mods work better than others and its not always the most expensive ones ive been hot rodding since 1977 and seen a lot of races on the street and the strip.

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
yes he is well into 60k's he first went to stage 2 and then didnt like results and went to stage 3 , off course all the work was done at dealership and paid labor and taxes.. so yes he has spent alot ... also to keep up with a viper in 1/4 mile is not much only in a 11 second race when your being beat by 6 cars, im sure if the race was longer i would probably not even see his lights

I have learnt a few things from this shitpost:-

1. An 8L car has an excellent chance of beating a 2L car in the 1/4
2. Driver of "R" is just not very good
3. OP is actually the Stig in disguise, and TV fame is just not enough, needs more attention, hence coming to a golf forum for his viper
4. If true, some people have more money than sense, and spend 65k on "mods" + car, that seem to have little effect on performance
5. OP is lying about said 65k, makes his story far more entertaining
6. APR the "culprit" for all of this, hence the creation of the post. Absolute BS.

I have no ill feelings towards you are your car bud, I just think your post is FOS.
Have a wonderful day.

Last edited:

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
His name has me believing he is a cop in Chicago and as much as I respect and appreciate our law enforcement he appears to be a douche. It seems a hard faught attempt to compensate in one form or another, hope he is not "that guy".

Last edited:

Cabra

Ready to race!
Seriously, why is this even a comparison ?
These are two totally different cars.
The golf blows away the Viper in just about every aspect of functionality, refinement, quality, reliability. And yet it can still "hang" with the Viper in terms of speed and probably even beat it on the streets when it comes to agility.

Golf for the win !

Chicagopd50

Seriously, why is this even a comparison ?
These are two totally different cars.
The golf blows away the Viper in just about every aspect of functionality, refinement, quality, reliability. And yet it can still "hang" with the Viper in terms of speed and probably even beat it on the streets when it comes to agility.

Golf for the win !

The reason I posted this , is because if the golf would win all you fan boys would.be talking crap like yay the golf won and viper sucks.. at the end of the day I have a viper and speed is not the most important thing to me, looks are just as gratifying..

Mattism78

Ready to race!
What is with all the weak-ass ricer comments? More refined? Less displacement? Cost? It's a race not a review. He lost to a Viper where the owner knows how to drive it. Not sure why there's so much excuse making. You guys are just making yourselves look silly.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The reason I posted this , is because if the golf would win all you fan boys would.be talking crap like yay the golf won and viper sucks.. at the end of the day I have a viper and speed is not the most important thing to me, looks are just as gratifying..

Many other cars I would choose over a Dodge, even if it is a Viper.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Yes I agree most of us on here are fan boys of the VW and Audi product line. It's a VW forum so I would expect that. Being a cross manufacturer buyer to me hands down the Viper especially the latest renditions are one of the top performance cars in the world. Just look at the Nurburgring numbers. Your car performs extremely well no doubt. My only issue is the title referencing APR and their claims. Again I certainly wouldn't judge a couple of races against one car to define APRS stage 3 and 3+ kits.

Cabra

Ready to race!
This race is like a 100M sprinter racing a decathlete in the 100M dash.

Fun to watch but kind of pointless.

Kudos to the Viper for winning in a straight line (although its no surprise given its 4x engine displacement, higher power/weight ratio, and drag radial tires)

Even more kudos to the Golf for keeping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.