GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR STAGE 3 FULL OF CRAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicagopd50

Are you sure that's a stage 3 R? A stage 1 is high 11s in itself. That may be a stage 2 r.

I'm am,100 percent thats stage 3. I have 2 buddies with same color golf's same year.. the stage 2 does low 12s, stage 3 does 11.55, like I said APR is full of lies.im just letting u know if u guys get these stages and look at what APR is saying don't be disappointed when u dont get the numbers your"supposedly " get.

Chicagopd50

Here's a run against a roush mustang 2016, the same golf r he went with me to the track.. he traps 116 mph..seriously u guys need to go to the track and prove your selves right.. i have all the proof for u guys but u dont wanna believe me.. the mustang supposed to do 10.9s and can't even break 11.6.. roush lies too
https://youtu.be/I5qdrx4A_r4

Rcode

Go Kart Champion
Race these two cars 10 times from a dig and I bet the Viper loses at least several times.
Its a driver's race. All about reaction time and launch. Its not like the Viper kept pulling bus lengths.
This Viper driver is mighty proud of his win, but lets see him try to fit 5 people in his car along with some groceries.
Yeah I'm sure that's his daily driver. I agree...fuck APR. Not sure how many of you were in the mk6 scene but look into their old exhaust systems. Funny threads.
Here's a pic of their "RSC" technology from a cut out of their mufflers:

Last edited:

krammer

Passed Driver's Ed
This is what they used for testing!- APR recommends and tuned with Sunoco GT 260 for 100 AKI mode and Sunoco GT 260 Plus for 104 AKI mode. Never use lower octane than specified by the mode.
- Ethanol software REQUIRES APR’s upcoming Ethanol Flex Fueling upgrades.
- Max increases are based on APR's actual measured stock values and not those reported by VAG. | RON = ROW Fuel Grades | AKI = North American (RON+MON)/2 Fuel Grades.
- Reported wheel figures measured on APR's in house Dynapack Dynamometer with a US Spec 2014 MK7 GTI DSG, using SAEJ1349 correction and an average of multiple runs. Stage II included an APR Intake and APR Cast Downpipe. IS38 Included a factory IS38 turbocharger, APR Cast Downpipe, APR Intake System and APR Intercooler. Crank figures are estimated based on the measured wheel figures. Results may vary depending upon environmental conditions, vehicle, transmission, vehicle health, operating conditions, temperatures, fuel grade, dyno type, dyno setup, other variables and other modifications.

So really you cant say they're full of crap.

fatloserboi

Ready to race!
Well if you r soo fast as u say why don't u take a run down to the dfw region and run the WOLF.. Lol

All jokes a side tho, I appreciate the heads up.. But u do understand that coming on a golf forum with these accusations is just plain picking a fight.. You should really understand the audience better and take a softer tone if you in fact trying to help us..

Also I found it funny that u had tell everyone that u knew two different golf drivers in the same colour, because the colour makes it a faster car.. Lol

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
A stage 3 R on pump gas doesn't make much more power than stage 2...the EFR turbo really comes alive with the better fueling and tune to match with stage 3+.

Congrats your $80,000 car beat a $40,000 car, some accomplishment.

Also where did you see APR claim "viper beating power" or "10 second 1/4 or your money back"...they didn't, they posted crank, hub, and wheel hp numbers which are only good to judge gain over stock. Just because your viper is rated at 510 crank doesn't mean it won't dyno 485whp on one dyno and 430whp on another.

Its not as simple as whp=xxx trap speed. These cars aren't track ready off the showroom floor. Dsg or manual he's fighting ESC (traction control) unless the abs fuse is out or he's recoded via Vagcom to defeat it. You'll be very hard pressed to find a seasoned drag racer with a mk7. I personally made 300+ low 13 second passes on my daily driven mk6 and have made zero with my mk7. 99% of mk7 owners bought them for the balance of practical & fun /performance per dollar. Short of wolf nobody's buying these cars to gut them and street race

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I'm glad someone realizes it.. Myou brother went through the same shit with roush on his mustang. They all lie about thier products... its all about sales and advertisements. 100% bull shit

I'm not for APR one way or another, but I just find it funny that you're surprised when the raw numbers show you in favor. I just think he needs to learn to drive his car a little better. Sounds like he got a BT so he could just mash the throttle like a kid and watch 95% of cars fly by. Unfortunately you're in the top 5% lol.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
Why are people so butthurt? Has anyone taken a stage 3+ to the track and tested it besides APR? Viper dude beat him fair and square. Great job viper dude and nice car.

kidbs

Passed Driver's Ed
You fools were racing like that on a street with other people are cars around? At least take it to an empty street out in the middle of no where or wait until the wee hours of the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.