GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Backfires on the DSG GTI?

Jeppe

Drag Race Newbie
vw4ross said:
weird...it sounds worse on half throttle upshifts for me, than full throttle.
Agreed. You can just barely hear it when it shifts at max rpms in mine. However when I hit the gas moderately and it shifts at lower rpms, it is more noticeable.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
ill trade ya'll cars...mine is loud at full throttle shifts

slickvic

I scare other drivers
heatmoon42 said:
with the DSG transmission, do you have to lift off the gas when shifting up like a normal standard? i'm assuming not, but just want that clarified
No, but I found out quickly that you do want to lift off the gas when downshifting or the DSG will hesitate and not downshift smoothly.

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
slickvic said:
No, but I found out quickly that you do want to lift off the gas when downshifting or the DSG will hesitate and not downshift smoothly.

Unless you're downshifting to pass someone really quickly. If so then press a little bit on the gas and then pull the paddle to downshift and it fires off the shift quickly without a problem.

slickvic

I scare other drivers
dwl137 said:
Unless you're downshifting to pass someone really quickly. If so then press a little bit on the gas and then pull the paddle to downshift and it fires off the shift quickly without a problem.
True. I should have mentioned that it is more apparent with rapid downshifts of 2 or 3 gears at a time. Whats cool is if you are cruising in 6th gear and stomp down past the softstop, it will immediately downshift from 6th straight to 3rd. :drool:

the1withpaddles

Go Kart Champion
hey guys,,got my gti tonight and im really realy really really happy, all i kno is that i experienced the "fart" and or "pop" and or "poof" when i was takin it home. Question is whats the best range of rpm's in which to make this "fart" and or "pop" and or "poof" sound?

bis

100k+ club king
it sounds to me like you hear the F-1 cars exhaust when they are warming up i remember the guy i talked to at apr tell me why it made that noise and i think that video clip of the Remus exhaust and the sport exhaust on the APR site are dsg's