GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Kollin, where is the best place to buy wheels these days?
Depends what you're looking for. Most wheel companies these days have a MAP pricing that everyone has to adhere to or they risk losing dealer status, so you won't normally find a place that has it way lower than someone else (typically). Some places stock wheels in house, but most don't. So if a wheel is out of stock at one vendor, it's likely to be out of stock everywhere.

Whatcha want?

Obvious shameless UroTuning plug if you're wanting to buy.

Last edited:

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Kollin, where is the best place to buy wheels these days?
I got my enkeis with tires from tire rack and it was a definite "would recommend" experience. Fast shipping. Had them delivered to a shop near work, dropped the car off at lunch, picked it up a little later and all was good.

I don't think TR stocks Rotiforms tho

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
I got my enkeis with tires from tire rack and it was a definite "would recommend" experience. Fast shipping. Had them delivered to a shop near work, dropped the car off at lunch, picked it up a little later and all was good.

I don't think TR stocks Rotiforms tho
Yep love TR, thats where I get my personal tires from.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Admittedly I have my eyes on some wheels at UT, gonna use a Christmas gift on those. I doubt any sales will pop up between now and when I'd need them for intended use in April.. not gonna do rotiform though

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
8th day in a row of my back being fucked. It's still just like the pain that settles in my back when I'm sick, but I'm not showing any signs of being sick.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Tiguan trunk modification to accommodate full spare. Seems pretty solid. Took existing base, and lifted with 2x4s held in place with velcro straps.

20210126_135528.jpg

Might do a scene-esque flooring setup eventually but for now all I have to do is have the rear seats sitting a bit more upright.

20210126_131821.jpg

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
OfftopicChat2021 -

This wallstreetbets thing is wild. Saw it mentioned in the covid thread but didn't want to chime in there, so I came here instead

torga

Autocross Champion
OfftopicChat2021 -

This wallstreetbets thing is wild. Saw it mentioned in the covid thread but didn't want to chime in there, so I came here instead
I have a buddy who had the foresight to buy $3500 worth when $GME was at around $25. He can't believe his eyes right now.