GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch upgrade questions

ccramerusc

Car(s)
17' GTI SE
Thanks for the comment. My new clutch feels awesome. Very solid, no shuttering or slipping. I never had any smell during the break in period. It took about 200 miles to feel normal again. I say normal, but it feels different than before. Better, but different. By normal, I mean the friction point is about the same place as before and the pedal pressure is maybe a little stiffer that before, but not much. Overall I have a much better "feel" of the clutch engagement. I still haven't plugged in my JB4 and given it a workout, but it has been very cold and snowy here recently. I have no traction even when the roads are dry (salt covered), so no sense in pushing it now. I did notice a slightly different feel in the gearbox. It's a bit more clunky between gears if you shift slow, but seems to go in quickly and solidly when you bang them home quickly. It's weird in that it feels rougher and is tougher now to drive slow an smooth, but better than before when you put some effort into it if you're in a hurry. The next time I'm under the hood I will probably adjust the shifter as shown in this video by Dieselgeek:
I wish I had done it before I reinstalled the battery and airbox.