GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phur

Autocross Champion
1654742311597.jpeg

Filling up the GTI yesterday. That was after .50 off per gallon!

vu.

Autocross Champion
Yeah premium was $5.46 last time I filled up the GTI. The Lude takes premium too but I put Sam’s Club premium in it so it’s cheaper.

Just paid $1.72 for a gallon of milk which was nice.

Filled up today. Was $6 here in MI

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Bro it’s not even a good manual get outta here. Don’t dismiss the odd gearing and revhang cuz they truly are real deal breakers for many people

I’m not asking for 6th to be one for one like a Miata. But god damn

u wanna like the manual and trash dsg. Do it bro. I’m not gonna accuse u of latching on to teets and shit. I don’t give a fuck what your preference is. It just doesn’t affect me at all. But if I’m gonna let u explain why u like this and that I sure as fuck should be allowed to do the same without folks being dismissive about the damn thing. To me and in my own opinion the GTI manual is trash. And if it didn’t have rev hang I feel it would be worth choosing it and modding a few things here and there for a better shifting experience. Maybe I would’ve even gotten used to that shitty second gear too. Who knows.
My bad I forgot we're all sensitive now and can't poke fun at a fun topic. Dsg is better, I didn't get one cause I couldn't afford it. I want to win highway warrior runs but can't because my feet are uncoordinated sloths.

Better?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
My bad I forgot we're all sensitive now and can't poke fun at a fun topic. Dsg is better, I didn't get one cause I couldn't afford it. I want to win highway warrior runs but can't because my feet are uncoordinated sloths.

Better?
It’s a start. Take down that stupid save the manuals shit in your garage. Or at least get one that says save the pre 2010ish manuals

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Throw on an S3 short shifter, 42DD bushing kit and a nice weighted knob and your good. I have no complaints at all.
Is the S3 like the euro short shifter? I'm still debating between that or getting the dieselgeek one.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Is the S3 like the euro short shifter? I'm still debating between that or getting the dieselgeek one.
Yes it's the same OEM part. I've heard good things about the Dieselgeek, its a little shorter throw....like 30% vs 25 for the S3/Euro but its also 3 times the price. I'm very happy with the S3 shifter

golfdave

Autocross Champion
VW decided for the MQB platform (manuals) to make the mechanisms between the gearstick & gearbox cheaper & more light weight compared to previous platforms....

Cue loads of flexible plastic instead of all metal as previously

I modified mine using various other VAG car parts so that the whole mechanism (relay plate & weighted arm) on the top of the gearbox are all metal, with a shorter throw, along with 42DD bushes.

Then on the gearstick I used the Delrin bushes & the Dieselgeek metal "superpin"....

Slop what slop???... :cool:

Info in my guides & build...

Oh & stop bitching about the cost of petrol....you've still got it cheap as feck over there compared to us over this side of the pond.....unleaded is around £6.81 ($8.51)/US gallon ..& increasing!...😬

Phur

Autocross Champion
VW decided for the MQB platform (manuals) to make the mechanisms between the gearstick & gearbox cheaper & more light weight compared to previous platforms....

Cue loads of flexible plastic instead of all metal as previously

I modified mine using various other VAG car parts so that the whole mechanism (relay plate & weighted arm) on the top of the gearbox are all metal, with a shorter throw, along with 42DD bushes.

Then on the gearstick I used the Delrin bushes & the Dieselgeek metal "superpin"....

Slop what slop???... :cool:

Info in my guides & build...

Oh & stop bitching about the cost of petrol....you've still got it cheap as feck over there compared to us over this side of the pond.....unleaded is around £6.81 ($8.51)/US gallon ..& increasing!...😬
I’m totally aware on the gas prices. It is just crazy to see.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
It’s a start. Take down that stupid save the manuals shit in your garage. Or at least get one that says save the pre 2010ish manuals
I'm going to get a bigger save the manuals banner just for you.
Same thing, I like it. Dieselgeek feels way too short of a throw, I didn't like it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
keehs & jays convo really made me laugh this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.