GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

JC_451

Autocross Champion
For new cars, they're buying down the rates. VW has like 4.9% on the GTI and 1.9% on SUVs. Hell even 0% on the Tiguan right now.
That's just a huge fuck you to car enthusiasts.

Oh this car is fun? 5%

I was also talking more for people without top tier credit. Some of my bros at the factory have 9% notes.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion

Oh this car is fun? 5%

I was also talking more for people without top tier credit. Some of my bros at the factory have 9% notes.
LOL I wouldn't go that far. It's still a lower rate than average. They could've offered 0 incentives. Obviously they're trying to more aggressively move the vehicles they have more inventory of.

But yeah people with shitty credit are screwing themselves with double-digit APRs.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
LOL I wouldn't go that far. It's still a lower rate than average. They could've offered 0 incentives. Obviously they're trying to more aggressively move the vehicles they have more inventory of.

But yeah people with shitty credit are screwing themselves with double-digit APRs.

That's just it. They get you though by any actual desirable car, you can't get new. Only "Used" with 2k miles on it (above MSRP).

When I bought my R (my current one, not my prior one), I just went with Carvana's financing at first, with the intention of refinancing immediately. They didn't even do a hard inquiry on my credit, and offered me an 18% interest rate on a $39k car. It was absurd.

I made one payment, and refinanced with DCU at 6.9% Which itself is still a crappy rate, but when their lowest advertised rate for perfect credit was 6.7%, it's not that bad in perspective.

The original finance doc from Carvana was crazy. If I kept the loan for it's full term, it was something like $24,000 in interest alone. Fucking bonkers.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Oh this car is fun? 5%

Yeah they offer better deals on the cars that make them the most money and they know car enthusiasts will pay more for a fun car. Good marketing

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I love sunroofs in any car but a VW.

Had mine open on the Pilot today.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
super decent actually. nice man! what jdm did you get again?

The cleanest 96 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 on earth. Already have a pile of parts for when she comes out of winter storage.

IMG_2966.jpeg

Here’s some pics of the underside.

IMG_2884.jpeg
IMG_2883.jpeg
IMG_2882.jpeg
IMG_2881.jpeg
IMG_2880.jpeg

Trans needed new input seal so the trans to rear diff came out.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
The original finance doc from Carvana was crazy. If I kept the loan for it's full term, it was something like $24,000 in interest alone. Fucking bonkers.

IT WAS EVEN WORSE THAN I REMEMBER!

1710447497188.png

Corprin

Autocross Champion
i think my boss tore his acl here today so im about to be a royal cunt for the next few weeks as a department that needs 3 people to run efficiently will be down to just me.

IMG_7958.gif

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
But can you get a 24 at MSRP? From what I hear many dealers are still asking sizable ADMs.
Plus the 20th gets you no sunroof which is a major bonus.
Yep, Leith in Raleigh/Cary still selling for $2500 over...

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
By the way, when did the R get an 8 speed? I thought it was still the dq381? Car was definitely quick. I also learned everyone in the dealership had abused the piss out of my old R.