GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogs

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
She's chilled out pretty good today. Everyday I feel there's some really good improvements with her.
1704834230216.png

1704834262573.png

1704834399562.png

1704834445477.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
She wouldn't stay still for this one, and she's strapped to the seat belt buckle so she couldn't go anywhere.
1704835524982.png

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Congrats, @sterkrazzy! Looks a lot like our pup. Per the dna test we got on him, he’s part Staffy, Hound, German Shepherd, and Chihuahua. I was hoping for Black Mouth Cur and the adoption agency said that he was Lab/ Shepherd mix.

1704837743859.jpeg

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Those chihuahuas really get around.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Can confirm. Here's my dog (back) and his brother (front). We decided to save the $100 and skip the DNA test for our dog since all his siblings got them and shared with us. Here's his brother's
IMG_7753.jpg
IMG_8296.jpg

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
I was a bit disappointed with that aspect. I’d hoped for him to get to be maybe 70 lbs. Oh well, he’s ferocious and could help if needed, within reason. Also, he’s kind of an asshole sometimes which I attribute to the Chihuahua.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I was a bit disappointed with that aspect. I’d hoped for him to get to be maybe 70 lbs. Oh well, he’s ferocious and could help if needed, within reason. Also, he’s kind of an asshole sometimes which I attribute to the Chihuahua.

I couldn't imagine ever wanting a dog to be 70lbs 😲😲 Our 45lb dog is too big in my eyes.

@sterkrazzy I probably missed it somewhere, but how big is Reign?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I couldn't imagine ever wanting a dog to be 70lbs 😲😲 Our 45lb dog is too big in my eyes.

42 lbs. She looks bigger than she is in pictures. She's built like a big dog.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion

Our lab is 75 lbs or so, which I think is a good size. We have a lot of predators (mountain lion, bobcat, and hawks) and I’ll want them to be able to help each other or my wife if ever needed. So far, so good.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I can't believe how good of a dog she is though. I was really expecting so much worse. The people at the shelter certainly didn't help me set expectations right. They're the ones that work with her every day though, and she was definitely a lot to handle at the shelter. I had at least 2-3 people warn me about her being passed up for so long because she's high energy. One guy that worked there said he didn't want to take her off the leash because she's worried about her being a crackhead, his actual comment. After I finalized all the paperwork the lady at the front desk said congrats, and then she said good luck with his look on her face that clearly said you're gonna need it, you're crazy for taking this dog home.

I really think it was just her environment that made her so hyper. She's such a happy friendly dog then they had her in this place with hundreds of dog friends and people constantly coming in and out. It was very stimulating for her and she was never able to get away from it or have a normal day of peace and calmness.

She hasn't been this crazy rambunctious dog since I got her home. She's got a lot of energy, but it doesn't come out in uncontrollable or destructive ways.

This morning I got her to sit and wait to go to her food until I told her it was ok. That was the first thing I tried teaching her and this morning was the longest I've got her to sit. It was only a couple seconds, but she could have gone longer. I think it was on monday I told her to sit and man I could see her lips quivering she wanted to get to that food so bad. She's already doing way better with this.

It's been pretty easy to manage her. I need to teach her drop it or let go, but she's good at being told no and stopping what she's doing. Saying hey does the same thing and seems to work a little better.

There's 2 or 3 accidents in the house every day, but that's so much better than I expected too. I really thought she'd be going all over the place all the time. I'll take her outside and she'll look for a place to pee right away. Then so far there hasn't been a single shit in the house either, so it's not goin bad.

She's gonna be a fun dog to have around.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
There's 2 or 3 accidents in the house every day, but that's so much better than I expected too. I really thought she'd be going all over the place all the time. I'll take her outside and she'll look for a place to pee right away. Then so far there hasn't been a single shit in the house either, so it's not goin bad.

Just about the exact opposite of mine. Despite the tiny bladder due to being a tiny dog, we've gotten on a pretty good schedule and don't have many in house pee accidents any more.

But my god I cannot get him to shit outside consistently. The morning one, sure. But despite being outside frequently, I still find little tootsie rolls in the house throughout the day.

I'd much prefer that though, his shits are tiny and easy to clean, and shit doesn't soak into a hardwood floor if it's not cleaned up immediately like piss.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Best way to train a dog not to piss or shit in the house is to crate train. If consistent and done right it can make for cleaning up a whole lot less messes.

And if you are feeling really confident in training, teach them to ring a bell when they need to go outside.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Last night I started giving her a training treat right after she potties. I keep a stock of treats in my pocket now. Dunno if I just got lucky today, but no accidents in the house at all.

And if you are feeling really confident in training, teach them to ring a bell when they need to go outside.
My parents did that with their dog. It kinda backfired because she just liked going outside and she learned the bell would get her out there.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I took the first 3 days of the week off so I could be with her and help her get used to her new surroundings. I'm going to work for a few hours today, so she's getting her first test of being home alone. I've got her locked in my bedroom with a camera on her so I can watch her. Someone at the shelter mentioned to me she may have separation anxiety, but I haven't seen that at all since I got her. Before I drove away completely I stopped at the end of my driveway and watched her on the camera to see what she was doing. It took her a couple minutes, but she laid down and she's been laying down since.