GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Droid X**

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Just put my deposit down at BestBuy today, cant wait for this thing. This will be my first Droid phone. Who else is looking forward to upgrading their phone to an X July 15th?

Sterling

Steel Tip
I'm going to get one. I'll be going through the verizon store though since i get discounts through them, only wish they had a pre-sale for them there as well.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
I'm going to get one. I'll be going through the verizon store though since i get discounts through them, only wish they had a pre-sale for them there as well.

yea i wasnt sure if id be able to get one from verizon when they're out so i figured id go through bestbuy. they offered me $9/month ins plan to replace the phone if it breaks and said verizon will only supply refurbished ones if i use their ins. but i turned it down. also tried selling me a $25+ zigzag plastic screen protector but i couldnt see spending that on a thin plastic shield. ill ebay it for accessories. just cant wait to retire the storm!

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
iphone users attack.....

Sterling

Steel Tip
yea i wasnt sure if id be able to get one from verizon when they're out so i figured id go through bestbuy. they offered me $9/month ins plan to replace the phone if it breaks and said verizon will only supply refurbished ones if i use their ins. but i turned it down. also tried selling me a $25+ zigzag plastic screen protector but i couldnt see spending that on a thin plastic shield. ill ebay it for accessories. just cant wait to retire the storm!

yea, i'm really worried about them selling out crazy fast and then not being able to get my hands on one for awhile. been debating about going to BB, but i want that discount i get through verizon.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
yea i might still go through verizon if they have it. when you pre-order with bestbuy, you just buy a $50 store card and get on a X list. then you can use the $50 BB card for the phone or whatever you want. but they will call you to set up an apt to switch phones sometime before the 15th.

Sterling

Steel Tip
yea i might still go through verizon if they have it. when you pre-order with bestbuy, you just buy a $50 store card and get on a X list. then you can use the $50 BB card for the phone or whatever you want. but they will call you to set up an apt to switch phones sometime before the 15th.

sick. good to know! :thumbsup:

HyeWarrior

Banned
Its between this and the Incredible for me when I can upgrade... I'll probably just wait until a buy 1 get 1 free deal on the Incredible though

DanSan

meerkat
3 reasons are keeping me from dropping my moto droid to get the droid x

no physical keyboard
its running 2.1 and im lazy and dont want to be stuck loading 2.0.1 so i can root it
its fucking huge lol

i thought the evo was big but holy hell this thing is even bigger. i think ill wait til december when i get my annual upgrade and see whats out there. i dont like HTC phones and that sense UI crap so i think ill see how the droid 2 is.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
yea it is a big phone and im not crazy of the one thicker end but i think ill be pleased with it coming from the pos i currently use.

Sterling

Steel Tip
im down with a huge phone.

bonix

Ready to race!
3 reasons are keeping me from dropping my moto droid to get the droid x

no physical keyboard
its running 2.1 and im lazy and dont want to be stuck loading 2.0.1 so i can root it
its fucking huge lol

i thought the evo was big but holy hell this thing is even bigger. i think ill wait til december when i get my annual upgrade and see whats out there. i dont like HTC phones and that sense UI crap so i think ill see how the droid 2 is.

whats the deal with people and physical keyboards? if this was 2-3 years ago id agree but theyve pretty much perfected touch screen typing and there is no benefit to having a physical one anymore. plus with the droids you can dl different keyboards if you dont like yours. i have 3, my stock incredible the droid X one and swype (which beats them all in portrait)

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
how does droid work with itunes? also you know the cord that comes with ps3 thats hdmi at one end and 3 colored prongs at the other end for hooking ps3 up to tv with no hdmi, do think that would work with the X for viewing video on a non hd tv? seems like it right?