GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First HDR - Yay or Nay

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
no you cant, you cannot ghost or mirror via RDP on an XP computer, can only knock him off and log on as a non console user.

you would have to VNC into his computer

thanks bro, i work in IT and you can. remote assistance would even work and theres hundreds of apps that i could connect to his machine and he could watch what im doing.

MBH

American Nightmare
mose,

here ya go bud. gift from me to you.. photomatix 3.0. pretty much what a lot of ppl use for HDR.

http://dansansworld.com/misc/pm3.03.rar

follow the instructions and it will never bother u to register/buy/watermark anything
/off topic - is that file virus free? I have photomatix, but wanted to pass the link along to a friend

/on topic
yeah i'm going to keep whoring pics then i'll check out the article
dude, read the article. I didn't read the article, but I know how to do HDR and I gotta tell ya you're doin it wrong. :frown:

Here is a simplified version I posted for another guy (this is for a canon 40D or 50D) but you can probably figure out how to find the settings:

extremely dumbed down way to do HDR.

get your 50D and your tripod out.
Turn the top wheel to Av mode and set your aperture (~8 is a good choice to get a sharp overall image, lower will give you a shorter depth of field).

-Go into menu
-then go to the setting that has AEB at the top (auto exposure bracketing)
-select that by either pushing in on the joystick or pressing the set button on in the middle of the wheel on the back of the camera.
-scroll wheel clockwise so you have a bar under -2, 0, +2. Now the camera is set to take 3 pictures instead of just one.
-see the button on the top that says "AF * DRIVE" (right in front of the top screen)? Press that and then use the thumb wheel to select the timer function with the subscripted 2 after it.

Compose your picture, click shutter, back away. The camera will fire off 3 shots. Normal, quick, long. Obviously don't touch the camera til all 3 shots are done.

Shooting in RAW will give you the best results, as those files contain a LOT more information than can be seen by any one image. For your first time, I'd shoot in RAW + JPEG just to make sure you can do something with the pictures.

Also, if you haven't already downloaded photomatix, I suggest you do so at www.hdrsoft.com

Here is another good trick if you don't want to buy the software and wanna get rid of watermarks....... Take a screen shot of the preview and crop accordingly :wink:

While you're using the photomatix program, I'd suggest not making it look like a cartoon. Try a strength and saturation value around 70 and adjust accordingly. Also, use the highest setting (I forget what the adjustment is called, but its right below strength & saturation adjustments).

Good luck!

thanks bro, i work in IT and you can. remote assistance would even work and theres hundreds of apps that i could connect to his machine and he could watch what im doing.

correct, but just opening up MSTSC and typing in his hostname, assuming he has remote users turned on, will kick him off and put you in his place.

I know, there are other ways around, obviously, but MSTSC is not the best solution for remote support where you BOTH share the screen, unless you both MSTSC into a server (2 open seats by default) and one person takes control of the others session.

MBH

American Nightmare
remote assistance would even work and theres hundreds of apps that i could connect to his machine and he could watch what im doing.

lol you should do that to a friend sometime and sign in to a forum and post embarrassing shit :bellyroll:

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
correct, but just opening up MSTSC and typing in his hostname, assuming he has remote users turned on, will kick him off and put you in his place.

I know, there are other ways around, obviously, but MSTSC is not the best solution for remote support where you BOTH share the screen, unless you both MSTSC into a server (2 open seats by default) and one person takes control of the others session.

dude i just said RDP in general as in remote desktop not as in the microsoft app remote desktop connection. i KNOW what it will do to a user.

MBH

American Nightmare

MBH

American Nightmare
are you using photoshop or photomatix? photoshop will give you really boring images with no tone mapping, which might be what you're doing? use photomatix, download it at www.hdrsoft.com

edit: humor me and post up all 3 exposures of one picture that you want to process into an HDR & I'll see if I'm getting the same result

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
lol you gotta play with the tones to get it to POP

its def getting there...

UberJAY

Go Kart Champion
lmao it fell

apkjoe

RAWr
what camera are u using stop running your photos through filters its annoying and just follow some more tutorials and read up on tone mapping too take 3 normal photos one under exposed one over exposed and one normal some times i take 5 pictures -2,-1,0,+1,+2 and this is what i got out of it shown below it dosent look great because it was like my first one. just keep working at it and try to download another software GIMP sucks in my opinion i use corel photo shop pro 12.5 and it works ok for me.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
that's what i'm doing!

i'm not running anything through filters, i'm not saturating anything, etc.

i'm working with a 12 megahurz sony cybershot, which allows me to do all the things your telling me to do and i'm doing them.

it's just in the process of making it an hdr i'm just not doing that right.

i noticed the ISO was auto, i switched it to 100 as default.

i'm going to keep practicing. expect some good shit in this thread one of these months.

i heart all you haters. remember that.

what i mean is i'm gona grow legs, and then i'll go places n shit! just watch me!

Last edited: