GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First HDR - Yay or Nay

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
i'm a 90's man. jpeg4life. not sure how i feel about this one.....

[/IMG]

Last edited:

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
yeah i'll do flickr when i get some time later.

and btw, those are two bottles of Absinthe. you won't necesarily see any green fairys, but they are 80% and 73% alcohol.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
still not there.. but def getting close. do yourself a favor and resize the pics before making the into an HDR that way photobucket wont scale them down and compress them...

image > resize images. make it like 50% of original and when you save it, select save for web > jpeg and like 80-90% that way you'll keep it under 1MB

JPG is complete shit, only capable of 8 bit color and too much compression. if you MUST used a compressed format for HDR, use PNG. it allows for, I think, 16 bit or so. yeah, files will be big, who gives a horse shit? host them on your own server or something.

JPG IS HORSE SHIT!

email me your large photos and I will host them for you, PM me for info.

wow nintendodude is a nerd.

j/k

so can i save the picture as a PNG w/ my camera? is that an option?

i donno what camera you have, so :iono:

Photoshop exports to .PNG

and yeah, I am a GIANT fucking nerd.

MBH

American Nightmare
wtf I just saved your 3 exposures, went to open them in photomatix and.... all 3 images do not have the same height and width. (it won't open them, and I'm not gonna waste time cropping/resizing them). I'm throwing in the towel. You keep posting on here, but you say you don't have time to do any of the stuff we're advising you to do, so I'm done helping for now.

good luck with the HDRs, Mose.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
i donno what camera you have, so :iono:

Photoshop exports to .PNG

and yeah, I am a GIANT fucking nerd.

or someone that thinks they know EVERYTHING :attention_whore: :wink:

apkjoe

RAWr
JPG is complete shit, only capable of 8 bit color and too much compression. if you MUST used a compressed format for HDR, use PNG. it allows for, I think, 16 bit or so. yeah, files will be big, who gives a horse shit? host them on your own server or something.

JPG IS HORSE SHIT!

email me your large photos and I will host them for you, PM me for info.

my camera is capable of taking pics in RAW, RAW&JPEG, FINE, STANDARD but not PNG...

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
my camera is capable of taking pics in RAW, RAW&JPEG, FINE, STANDARD but not PNG...

ideally you would want to take the pics in raw and then you can export it into any format you want

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
wtf I just saved your 3 exposures, went to open them in photomatix and.... all 3 images do not have the same height and width. (it won't open them, and I'm not gonna waste time cropping/resizing them). I'm throwing in the towel. You keep posting on here, but you say you don't have time to do any of the stuff we're advising you to do, so I'm done helping for now.

good luck with the HDRs, Mose.

it's because of photobucket! i'm sorry i didn't have time to create a flickr account, i didn't resize them on purpose, i posted them up in a quick hurry last night.

i'll make a flickr, and i'll post the pics up, but i just worked 8 1/2 hours and i don't really feel like fucking around w/ that stuff right now.

i just got my cast off from a broken thumb, i'm going to do what i haven't done in over a month, and that is put a new tip on my pool cue, drink a beer, and shoot some 8 ball. :paddle:

but MBH, i want you to know, that i really do appreciate the help, time and effort you've put into helping me learn this HDR shit. your frustration is noted, and i will be back with stuff. :respekt: