GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

P

plac

i like that car a lot. sure it wont have the German beauty, but it will be damn nice anyway..

but the engine makes 247 horsepower and 266 pound-feet of torque in Europe.

hahaha... the noise pipe...

The Focus ST comes with an Active Sound Symposer system under its hood to pipe engine noise into the cabin. The “active” part involves a butterfly valve to control the noise level so that the engine is barely audible in sixth-gear highway cruising, then becomes louder when you get on the gas.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Focus ST comes with an Active Sound Symposer system under its hood to pipe engine noise into the cabin. The “active” part involves a butterfly valve to control the noise level so that the engine is barely audible in sixth-gear highway cruising, then becomes louder when you get on the gas.

UGH another one of those.

That said, its a very solid car so I am curious to see what it will be like once it finally comes on sale

and the front end tracks true even under power. Whereas the ST exhibits some playful back-end slip, the rear of the GTI stays planted, which is a less entertaining way to get around a corner.

What kind of load of BS is that :laugh:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
i like that car a lot. sure it wont have the German beauty, but it will be damn nice anyway..

but the engine makes 247 horsepower and 266 pound-feet of torque in Europe.

hahaha... the noise pipe...

The Focus ST comes with an Active Sound Symposer system under its hood to pipe engine noise into the cabin. The “active” part involves a butterfly valve to control the noise level so that the engine is barely audible in sixth-gear highway cruising, then becomes louder when you get on the gas.

Yeah. It seems they REALLY want to grab the essence of the GTI. Though it will not have the wholesome history, it might perform extremely well.

I would love to test drive one eventually.

As for the noisepipe........do designers ever learn? lol

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
damn it plac u beat me to it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Dear Lord

I actually kind of like the Black one in the pics

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
GTI rear is planted, that's why everyone has rear sway bars.... which do help to rotate the car.

I saw this review too, and if thats true on the handling, I'd be really interested to see it -SEE it, not buy it. I don't care on the power, I think the styling is pretty lame, I mean, it looks "cuter" than my mom's butch-ass Ford Edge....

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
GTI rear is planted, that's why everyone has rear sway bars.... which do help to rotate the car.

I saw this review too, and if thats true on the handling, I'd be really interested to see it -SEE it, not buy it. I don't care on the power, I think the styling is pretty lame, I mean, it looks "cuter" than my mom's butch-ass Ford Edge....

Agreed.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I prefer the handling of the golf/gti than having ur ass swing out in turns. That's not why you buy a FWD car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
for the track, most want the ass to swing - at least a little bit, but yes, the car stock is fine for street driving.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
for the track, most want the ass to swing - at least a little bit, but yes, the car stock is fine for street driving.

Ass swinging can be scary during daily driving.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I am interested, and would probably give it a test drive, but I really challenge the interior compared to the GTI...

Skeptical GTI driver is Skeptical...