GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

Teddy Redskinz

Ready to race!
Anyone know what the itinerary is like? How much time do you get behind the wheel vs hearing Ford sell the car? What is the turnout like?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know what the itinerary is like? How much time do you get behind the wheel vs hearing Ford sell the car? What is the turnout like?

Get there, sign in , listen to a guy talk for 5 min about how to track it.

Run 4-6 laps at 30 seconds a pop.

Ford didn't try to sell the car at all, everyone there just wanted you to have fun.

I went at 10am on a sat and it was surprisingly empty.

McQueen77

Banned
im really compelled to drive this car now. mainly because my wife's car is at the body shop for the week and she is in a rental ford focus SE and that thing is such a turd box that I can't imagine that the Focus ST is much better.. i guess, comparing companies, the Jetta is the 'worst' car VW makes, and its still a pretty nice car. I'm in the low range of the Ford world right now, now lowest, but low, and this car blows loads.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
im really compelled to drive this car now. mainly because my wife's car is at the body shop for the week and she is in a rental ford focus SE and that thing is such a turd box that I can't imagine that the Focus ST is much better.. i guess, comparing companies, the Jetta is the 'worst' car VW makes, and its still a pretty nice car. I'm in the low range of the Ford world right now, now lowest, but low, and this car blows loads.

I dunno, I really liked the car, the bottom line golf used to be pretty ugly too, with a plastic steering wheel and seriously ugly stereo and not even an arm rest.... :laugh: