GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel cuts on Revo

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
If your fuel is ron you need to run Performance 1 on 95 and perforamance 2 on 98. Yes there may be some cars that can run Performance 2 but the first thing to do if you are having a problem pushing the software beyond what it was intended for is to start running it as it was supossed to be.

Performance 2 is not correct for 95 ron.

Little Bastard

So as from yesterday, is it doing it constantly now?

On each trip it probably happens 2 or 3 times. Its not constant, its temperamental, but only from 4th upwards.

So its almost like when I put foot down, and the revs start climbing around 3500 it cant seem to get enough fuel going through, or something prevents it from gradually building up fast.

Have you had this before?

Little Bastard

If your fuel is ron you need to run Performance 1 on 95 and perforamance 2 on 98. Yes there may be some cars that can run Performance 2 but the first thing to do if you are having a problem pushing the software beyond what it was intended for is to start running it as it was supossed to be.

Performance 2 is not correct for 95 ron.

Thank you for the response Chris.

My revo dealer was kind enough to fit me into their schedule tomorrow, so I will ask him to switch it to P1.

Will keep you all updated with how things turn out.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Comments removed by author. *political reasons - again*

Last edited:

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
But let's say it WAS his fuel that was low quality - he would NOT see his car being limited to 4000rpm. The most that would happen is some extra retardation on the engine timing. The only way he'd see that is with VAG COM logging for timing retardation.

You are confusing quality and octane. You can have poor quality 100 octane fuel and high quality 87 octane fuel.

And no it cutting suddenly at a certain rpm indicates that the car is pulling itself back and does not feel safe going beyond that point. If the vehicle detects excessive knock it will just dump fuel in, in order to get that fuel it will have to raise pressure. The loss in power is most likely the throttle body partially closing or the ecu telling the DV to open and vent pressure.

All of this can happen on a 100% bone stock car.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
**Removed the dyno graphs for the sake of staying on topic.

Last edited:

Little Bastard

@NeoSA, at partial throttle everything is normal, its a steady climb, no issues. Its only with full throttle that it does this, especially at lower rpms in a high gear like 4th upwards.

That's the main thing that I noticed as well, why does the gear selection icon in MFD disappear at the exact same moment the 'cut' happens (which is why I wondered clutch), then appears again as soon as the 'cut' finished and the rpms climb again?

It might be a protection thing like Chris said

before anything I will go to P1 and see how things go from there

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
3. Why does the opinion on whether to run P1 or P2 differ between Revo agents? It's the same product, yet we have people within Revo disagreeing with each other. What do customers make of this if their own agents don't even agree on something? My agent told me to run P2 as it's 100% Safe, another agent then says "P2 on 95?? are you crazy???"

Some places and some cars will run fin on Performance 2 with 95 ron fuel, This is why you will find varying opinions.

The bottom line however is that as intended 95 should be run on a Performance 1 setting. If there are any issues the FIRST thing that needs to be done is set the car up as it was supposed to be run. If problems persist then it can be looked into. This isn't much different then throwing on a different turbo and just expecting it to all work.

You now have an official answer from Revo, that is all that matters in regards to settings.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Funny how my post got deleted. Shame on the admins/mods here.

I don't believe your car is having a problem since it's related to the tune itself. Even though I have APR on mine, I don't have this problem. So hopefully Revo can fix it for you.

Bender1

Banned

I don't believe your car is having a problem since it's related to the tune itself. Even though I have APR on mine, I don't have this problem. So hopefully Revo can fix it for you.

I deleted it as it was not relevant to the thread. If you want to start a thread about how great your tune is, please do.

If you have useful info on this topic rather than conjecture, please contribute. Otherwise its unnecessary and unhelpful.

NeoSA1

Ready to race!

Last edited:

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
I've heard that some guys flash the ECU at a high baud rate and cause issues, my revo agent in PTA said he flashes at a slow baud rate on purpose to avoid possible writing errors.

So that's my bet. Your ECU might be slightly corrupt somehow (uneducated guess here). But yeah, go back to P1 and take it from there.

High speed is preferred, the only difference between the two is slow takes literally twice as long. On some cars that have slow comms the response time is too short on highspeed and they error out which is what high speed is for. You never need low speed on these ecus, ever. The ONLY thing that happens is you have to restart the flash when it errors out, this is usually related to a hiccup on the PC using to flash not the car or the flashing tools.

If a flash finishes and the car starts the flash completed it's not corrupt, plain and simple. A corrupted flash would result in the car not starting.

Please stop with the ridiculous speculation.

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion

cool story bro want a cookie. i have uni and i dont get fuel cuts but im not here saying how great it is. Unless you dont have something to say that helps or pertains to his problem keep driving your APR mk6 fanboy.:thumbsup:

NeoSA1

Ready to race!

Last edited:

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
cool story bro want a cookie. i have uni and i dont get fuel cuts but im not here saying how great it is. Unless you dont have something to say that helps or pertains to his problem keep driving your APR mk6 fanboy.:thumbsup:

Hmm strange, I never said any such thing. You were the one mentioning it.

I just want him to know his car isn't the issue and it's the tune since others with other tunes do not have this issue. So get off your rant. PS, take your own advice, I actually helped him, you did not.