GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel cuts on Revo

valj

Ready to race!
We have quite a lot REVO flashed cars in Moscow, neither on of them is experiencing problems.

More of all, we are all running on 98 octane fuel which is quite of good quality.

So I don;t think it is a fuel issue, but I could be mistaking

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Comments removed by author. *political reasons - again*

Last edited:

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
@valj - I also considered some weird form of corruption, but according to Chris, the heavens will rather burn and fall from the sky than that even remotely standing a chance of happening. Apparently no ECU's are ever damaged or corrupted when flashing with these tunes, they ALWAYS work 100% and it HAS to be something to do with the car or driver. And yes, sorry Moderators, I'm being a bit sarcastic now on purpose.

Bender1

Banned
I don't think Chris is off base here. I didn't even read the whole thread when I posted the fuel issue.

If your fuel is top notch, then running the wrong map is obviously the issue. The car is getting detonation and is retarding timing. Period.

When a flash is occurring, if there is corruption, the flash doesn't work. Period. The car would be in limp mode if it starts at all. Its rare but it does happen from time to time and that is the ONLY thing that happens.

I understand where you are coming from, and encourage skepticism. That said, "lex parsimoniae," the answer with the fewest assumptions/logical leaps is almost always correct.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
@Chris - I'm not angry with you or with Revo - if I was your product would have been off my car a LONG time ago. All I'm saying is that I remember talking to you in the past about the high fuel system/pressure code and you said it yourself that you were not aware of any such codes, where as here in South Africa and apparently in the UK as well - it was a known thing and all the Revo guys knew about it - hell, the guys here are STILL getting that code Chris. So there is definitely a huge information gap between Revo US and Revo UK - that's not to say it's your fault. But I definitely feel that by telling the OP his map timing was "way over" what it should be - even if it goes against what the local tuner told him is not on mate, and you're confusing the snot out of a lot of people now. It would have been a lot better to just directly refer this to the UK branch since they seem to understand the South African maps a lot better than the US branch does.

I work for Revo Technik inc in the US which is owned by Revo Technik Developments in the UK. I only oversee and support vehicles in North and South America. Your region is overseen by our head office in the UK. It is not a matter of a disconnect it is a matter of I don't need to know everything that goes on in every part of the world because it doesn't pertain to my job. This is why when these things come up specific to regions I do not cover I either get the UK to respond or I get information from them. They have not responded. However nothing here is specific to your region other then the type of fuel being used but it even seems people that live in SA don't even know what type of fuel is available so really not my fault or problem for not knowing.

I am waiting on confirmation on the Performance settings and octane levels, I can say though that I have not ever seen any region use the octane levels/settings you are saying. There are areas in South America with very similar fuel both octane and quality as well as elevation and temperature that I know the files we use are the same and they do not work as you have described.

Little Bastard

In two hours I will be at my Revo dealer, I will keep you all posted as to how things go.

Thanks to all for the responses so far, and for all your opinions.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
3. Wrong again. He is running the vehicle exactly as specified by the local Revo agent. This Revo agent in particular is NOT a stupid person and deals very closely with Revo UK. I believe 100% that he knows what he's talking about and if he says that P2 settings are correct for 95 octane fuel, then I'll bet my left testicle that he got that info from Revo UK themselves. Your statement that the OP is running the vehicle outside of the specifications given by Revo is unfounded and conforms to speculation or misinformation. Pick one.

As I said the way you listed the octane levels does not conform to any products we offer anywhere else in the world including regions that have similar fuel and conditions as SA.

Also there can be some confusion here because P2 can mean two entirely different things which is why I have not used it.

P2 can be performance or it can be position 2.

Performance 2 in all regions is 98 ron or 93 pump octane in the US.

Position 2 in all regions is going to be 95 ron or 91 pump octane in the US.

The exception being a second generation SPS Select which the Position 2 can be programmed to anything by the local Revo dealer.

Any file that deviates from this will specifically list it in the file name so that the installer knows what the settings are.

For example a B8 A4 2.0t we do not offer 100 octane tuning for at this time all existing files are 91 octane, 93 octane and a high power 93 octane file (using us pump figures). The file would be labeled .91.93.93hb to designate the difference. I have not seen any other files like this.

Also for the record what the local Revo agent specifies is not always what WE specify, there is a HUGE difference there.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
In two hours I will be at my Revo dealer, I will keep you all posted as to how things go.

Thanks to all for the responses so far, and for all your opinions.

Can you please send an email to our UK support staff to let them know you are going to your local Revo dealer and have these issues so that they can make sure someone is able to be in contact with them while you are there?

support@revotechnik.com

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Can it be an issue of some sort of corruption?

My REVO dealer forgot to take the key out of the ignition when he removed the ecu. Maybe that caused the problem?

No see previous post about if the car starts the file is fine and cannot be corrupt.

Also the key being in or out when the ecu was removed means nothing, it would basically create the same faults in the other modules as it does when flashing and the ecu goes offline.

Little Bastard

Can you please send an email to our UK support staff to let them know you are going to your local Revo dealer and have these issues so that they can make sure someone is able to be in contact with them while you are there?

support@revotechnik.com

Sure thing Chris, thank you very much for the support as I know this is not your region, it is appreciated.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
Considering that this and the other thread are both in South Africa, has anyone considered a local issue: i.e. fuel?

The tuning required for South Africa is very similar to tuning required in many areas of South America. The conditions, elevation and fuel are very similar other then some parts of South America do have higher octane available. So yes there are local issues in those regions. I don't believe there is a quality issue with the fuel in either place it is just the octane mixed with heat and elevation. Greece on the other hand our engineers have noted the octane is great but the quality is so so and also the heat. So agree that many of these things can be regional.

The response I got from someone in the UK regarding the fuel available was "It's like California but with Rhinos and Lions"... :)

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
Comments removed by author. *political reasons - again*

Last edited:

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
OFFICIAL REVO TECHNIK ANSWER ON FUEL AND PERFORMANCE MODS

This information is from REVO TECHNIK, this information supersedes any information given to you buy ANY local or regional dealer.

For ALL 2.0t "TSI" applications anywhere in the world the following performance modes are correct:

Performance 1: 95 ron/91 (r+m)/2
Performance 2: 98 ron 93 (r+m)/2
Performance 3: race fuel recommended 100(r+m)/2 however in some regions 100 ron may be acceptable but must test and confirm.

Therefore regardless of what anyone says in this thread a vehicle in SA running 95 ron fuel on performance 2 is incorrectly setup.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
I still state that P2 settings, also known as the "B" position on the SPS plus switch is perfectly fine for our 95 octane fuel.

The B position on an SPS Select plus can be whatever you want it to be.

Performance B (position 3) on the SPS as a default is shipped with a setting of Performance 2, this is NOT acceptable for 95 ron.

This is not up for debate.