GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 8 - Wireless Charging behaviour

daveb15

Ready to race!
Fantastic point. I think you've identified the source of the problem. The NFC/Apple Pay thing makes total sense.

Are you suggesting, that completing the set up of smartphone to assign Mobile Keys (the 8 steps you list) will remove the problem and simply allow the phone to charge?

Even though our Golf8 has the mobile key option ticked, we never bothered to set it up.
Not sure going through the steps will allow your phone to charge, I take there is not an option in the infotainment to switch off mobile key.

The only thing I wonder but don’t know is if you go through the steps and it tells you that your phone is not compatible it will allow you to turn off the NFC in your wireless charging mat.

VW should have provided a way to turn off the NFC for phone that are not compatible, but that is maybe wishing for too much for.

PanEuropean

Ready to race!
The cover is fitted on the Golf 8 Gti/Gtd/Gte and R as standard.
Just for the record, and to avoid any confusion by NAR (North American Region) owners who might be reading this discussion, the phone cover is not provided on any MK 8 Golfs sold in the USA or Canada. All our cars look like the picture shown in post #56.

My 2024 Golf GTI (top trim level), built in October 2023, is fitted with the wireless charging pad without the antenna booster function (Production code: 9ZV). I suspect that this is the same for all NAR vehicles with the wireless charging function.

Michael

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I have found the new wireless fast charger pad (15W) which is installed on the new Passat. It looks similar in size and uses a 6 pin connecter similar to that of the Golf 8. Anyone trying a retrofit?🤔🤞💪
The part number is 3P0035502.
I imagine this will be installed in the new Golf 8 FL.

Attachments

• IMG_1804.jpeg
    IMG_1804.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1805.jpeg
    IMG_1805.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

p.eTSI

Passed Driver's Ed
I have found the new wireless fast charger pad (15W) which is installed on the new Passat. It looks similar in size and uses a 4 pin black connecter with same pin to pin as the Golf 8. Anyone trying a retrofit?🤔🤞💪
The part number is 3P0035502.
I imagine this will be installed in the new Golf 8 FL.
Nice find, nice idea. Any idea on cost?