GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GolfMKV Fixed Gear Riders

dustinwark

Miesian
:cool: Nice, there we go... I knew there had to be some of you guys on here.

do you use the handle bars in that first pic? i am planning on building a new fixie this spring and that is so sexy, sell? or where did you get it? btw very nice bikes, i really like the bianchi frame

BigDog_nick

Driving a Bunny?
I don't have pics of my new bikes, but here they are:

Attachments

• GT%20Avalanche%202.0W.jpg
    GT%20Avalanche%202.0W.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,481
  • BBB231790815.jpg
    BBB231790815.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,481

MDgti08

Go Kart Champion
i dont personally ride one but last time i was out at the walnut meet there was prolly 20 guys ridding those doing tricks. me and some of the other guys were watching them and making sure they didn't hit our cars. because that woulda went bad quickly.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
do you use the handle bars in that first pic? i am planning on building a new fixie this spring and that is so sexy, sell? or where did you get it? btw very nice bikes, i really like the bianchi frame

Hehe thanks man. And yes I swap bars every once in a while, but I use my risers the most for tricking around and city sprints. The first bars are NITTO RB-021s (NJS Stamped)... they're like pursuit/bullhorns for my fast days. I bought my track frame as a complete for $550... it's Italian (Tomasso Augusta). And from there I dumped another $500 or so to swap everything out from wheelset, crankset, rear cog, powdercoat/paint job, stem/seatposts, etc.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
i dont personally ride one but last time i was out at the walnut meet there was prolly 20 guys ridding those doing tricks. me and some of the other guys were watching them and making sure they didn't hit our cars. because that woulda went bad quickly.

Yep, there are a lot of local group "rides" around L.A. I don't have time for those... but my younger bro is into that scene more than I am. He actually has a group ride tonight that he's organized.

dustinwark

Miesian
Hehe thanks man. And yes I swap bars every once in a while, but I use my risers the most for tricking around and city sprints. The first bars are NITTO RB-021s (NJS Stamped)... they're like pursuit/bullhorns for my fast days. I bought my track frame as a complete for $550... it's Italian (Tomasso Augusta). And from there I dumped another $500 or so to swap everything out from wheelset, crankset, rear cog, powdercoat/paint job, stem/seatposts, etc.

thanks, im thinking either a masi (italian) or leader (californian) frame, in idaho we have a fairly large number of people who ride fixies but no one ever does group rides or anything, just my roommates and i ride around

Sterling

Steel Tip
dude.. j4xoR you're brothers bianchi is so sick!

i want a pista concept so bad.

and im likin yours a lot more with the bullhorns!

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
thanks, im thinking either a masi (italian) or leader (californian) frame, in idaho we have a fairly large number of people who ride fixies but no one ever does group rides or anything, just my roommates and i ride around

The LEADER frames are light as hell! My brother had one, but he sold it. DO it man... it is good for tricks and road use. But if you wanna stick with good ol' steel then go for the Masi.

dude.. j4xoR you're brothers bianchi is so sick!

i want a pista concept so bad.

and im likin yours a lot more with the bullhorns!

LOL yeah... too bad he sold it. I liked it too... it was an original 2006 in mint. He has an NJS (Japanese import) Eimei now.

Thanks! It's fun riding with my RB-021s but it hurts my hands real bad during long rides or tricking around.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
I have a good amount of pictures of my bro and I (bikes of course)... don't know if you want that lol. But yeah, it'd be good to keep this thread active.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Won't hurt to start with steel and work your way up. A lot of people stick with steel (NJS, Italian, etc.)... some like both... some like aluminum. I think I'll be getting an aluminum frame in the near future...

If you like a good starter bike... try the Mercier Kilo TT.
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/mercier/kilott.htm It's pretty much a KHS Flite...