GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good 1st Choice Motorcycles

Dan GSR

Autocross Champion

nikitynick

EurotrashSD Dubber
haha dan i like the chart, im trying to find the "skills appropriate bike", as everything else so far seems to be done right.

remus give me a few months to get the hang of it and maybe we can go on more a "cruise" than a "run" through the canyon. ill PM you later on and ill get you my number and such!

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
haha dan i like the chart, im trying to find the "skills appropriate bike", as everything else so far seems to be done right.

remus give me a few months to get the hang of it and maybe we can go on more a "cruise" than a "run" through the canyon. ill PM you later on and ill get you my number and such!

Fa sho! No worries, I ride pretty chill. I'm really easy on the throttle. There's very few times that I actually hammer on the gas.:thumbsup: :biggrin:

nikitynick

EurotrashSD Dubber
sweet, i think i found my bike. 2006 sv650s! is a chatterbox a good thing to invest in, im not sure if i should get one or not, but i hear alot of guys use them especially on runs.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
sweet, i think i found my bike. 2006 sv650s! is a chatterbox a good thing to invest in, im not sure if i should get one or not, but i hear alot of guys use them especially on runs.

Chatterbox is awesome! I used to have one, but I sold it. They have the blue tooth now that you can use with your phone and also double as a 5 mile radius two way radio. It's great to have, but not a lot of people have them. So, pretty much, you might not have a lot of people to talk with if you get one. That's why I sold mine, just wasn't that useful for me. Especially in a group ride, not everyone will have one because they cost a pretty penny. Besides, there's always hand signals.:biggrin:

By the way, the SV is a good bike. My friend up in the OC rides one and she loves it! I think it's a good bike. I'll be riding to Dulzura tomorrow and I'm using my bike camera mount. I'll try to post a video before I go to Mexico.

MDgti08

Go Kart Champion
no problem at all. like with the gti u dont have to open it up all the way. like i said start slow. going up and down the street. stopping then like pushing yourself around then going again. or find yourself an empty parking lot and just practice. r6 is a good bike but really uncomfortable. i love the gsxr. u cant go wrong.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
no problem at all. like with the gti u dont have to open it up all the way. like i said start slow. going up and down the street. stopping then like pushing yourself around then going again. or find yourself an empty parking lot and just practice. r6 is a good bike but really uncomfortable. i love the gsxr. u cant go wrong.

Opposite with me about the Gixxer line up. The tank is fat and the seat got too hot on my homie's ride. Really uncomfortable for me. I guess it just depends on your taste. Worst thing about GSXR's is that they are all over the place, especially in SoCal. It seems like everyone and their momma's got one. It has something to do probably with their popularity in the AMA and how Mladin and those guys always wins on that bike. It's like the Honda Civic of motorcycles, because the name just rolls off your tongue - gixxer. Every non-biker I know knows 2 kinds of sport bikes, the "Ninja" and the "Gixxer." Lol.

nikitynick

EurotrashSD Dubber
i agree with seein gsxr's everywhere, R6's not so much, but CBR's are pretty popular too from what i've seen. that signature white/blue was awsome until everyone was sporting it.

as far as buying used bikes, anything in particular to really look for? if its got a clean title, and no cosmetic damage, what are some "hidden" things to look for?

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
i agree with seein gsxr's everywhere, R6's not so much, but CBR's are pretty popular too from what i've seen. that signature white/blue was awsome until everyone was sporting it.

as far as buying used bikes, anything in particular to really look for? if its got a clean title, and no cosmetic damage, what are some "hidden" things to look for?

Make sure you look under the fairings and around the radiator. If yo see lots of rust, it's a sign that the owner was not as caring. Also, pay close attention to scratches where they don't belong, like bar ends etc. It's a sign that it was dropped at some point.

Good luck!!

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
By the way, I went riding today and here's me riding up Dulzura/Jamul California. This area is literally my back yard. Notice I'm only going about 70 mph (on a 30-45mph zone), this area actually has a lot of CHP traffic and Border Patrols. This area is one of those places where illegal aliens travel. That Civic in front is my friend driving, so we're trying not to get any tickets. He's actually in the process of getting his own R6.:biggrin:

Only a couple of Vids. Enjoy. Shiny side up!!!

I'm off to La Rumorosa to help build a church for our sister church down in Mexico. It's a small town about 25 or 30 km south of El Centro, California. See you guys in a couple of days!!

My video mount setup (notice the AC Milan sticker on my helmet? Lol. Forza Milano!!). I'm getting a helmet cam this Christmas!!! Woot!!

MDgti08

Go Kart Champion
miles r a big one. a good rule of thumb that i go by is times the miles on the bike by 5. so if it has 20k its like buying a car with 100k. so u may think it has low miles but it really doesn't. so watch out. go to cycletrader.com or pick one up at like a 7/11. they r a buck and come out weekly. take it for a test drive and make sure the gears shift smoothly and the clutch it good.etc. dents scratches or replaced parts. look at the bolts to see if they have been taken off. u can tell. the paint will be gone. if so ask them why it was taken off. maybe there was a big crash and he fixed it himself. which is no good. i really dont like the new gsxrs. they r 2 small and u dont really feel like u have enough bike under u. i have an 01 and i love it.