bike is so forgiving

NinjaNikki

Ready to race!
ninja 250 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

best bike to learn on
buy one used for $2k, ride it for a year, sell it for $2k

i bought one this year, and im glad i did
bike is so forgiving

Have to agree. The ninja rocks!!!! and oohhhh soooo sexy!

nikitynick

EurotrashSD Dubber
do you ever get bored with the 250 since it has less power than most other bikes? also, sorry for the newb question, but is there a difference between the ninja 250ex and 250r? seems like older ones are simply called ex and newer ones are r.

nikitynick

EurotrashSD Dubber
ive done alot of research last few days, and i tihnk i want to invest in a sv650s, its fast but not rediculous, still considered a good beginner bike although it is pushing it a bit. only downside i could find were that wheelies can kill the engine (which probobly is a good thing), and they seem to be harder to find for sale.

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion
No, I haven't been to them yet. Where and when ? I'm in Temecula, not that far from north county. :wink:

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
No, I haven't been to them yet. Where and when ? I'm in Temecula, not that far from north county. :wink:

It's pretty far from Temecula.

Address:
Fusion Cafe

8038 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
San Diego, CA 92111 Map

(858) 278-1224

Map of Fusion's Cafe

It's on Wednesday nights. It's probably better on Summers, right now, the crowd's going to be a little smaller because it gets too cold.

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion
ok kool, im always in SD, i just moved from Mission Valley, so I don't mind the 45 min drive in my GTI.

MDgti08

Go Kart Champion
i have been ridding my entire and my 2 cents are a gsxr600. u don't have 2 open it up all the way. (everyone else has great advise on getting a smaller bike then working your way up. but i just wouldn't want the hassle of buying a bike and selling it 3 months later. i have a gsxr750 and i love it. with a 600 u will be more then fine for a long time. i am a huge fan of the gsxrs. i recommend a class 2 but if u don't wanna do that just spend as much time as u can on your bike getting to know it. the more u feel comfortable on it the better off u will be. just ride down the street. slowly turn around. prolly using your feet. come back down etc. that's how everyone i know learned.

dotdub

Steezy!
Start with a Hayabusa :thumbsup:

NinjaNikki

Ready to race!
do you ever get bored with the 250 since it has less power than most other bikes? also, sorry for the newb question, but is there a difference between the ninja 250ex and 250r? seems like older ones are simply called ex and newer ones are r.

I had mine for 5 years before I sold it for the GTI. Getting bored depends on the type of rider you are and the riding that you do. So if you are riding with people that speed and are on liter bikes or 600ss then you will get bored of it. However if you are riding with people that generally ride the speedlimit maybe a little bit above and are generally all about "the ride" and the twisties than getting there as fast as possible in a straight line then you won't get bored as soon. Me personally I never got bored, but rather had a change in lifestyle.

The ex250 is the pic of the red bike above the zzr250 is the black/blue bike in the pic above and the 250r is the new ninja. Basically all 3 bikes are the same in terms of actual engines the major difference is the cosmetics.

nikitynick

EurotrashSD Dubber
cool thanks for the input, i am still on the fence of jumping into a 600. MD did you have any problems learning on the gsxr? i found a sweet deal on an R6 in my area, and its real tempting. besides that a GS500 is an option, but i dont want to have to upgrade in 6months to get the power im looking for. im not saying ill be busting 130mph and 0-60 in 3sec every time i accelerate, but i want to be satisfied with the bike. on my gti i rarely go full throttle and let the power loose, but i dont regret my chip/exhaust/intake at all :D

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
cool thanks for the input, i am still on the fence of jumping into a 600. MD did you have any problems learning on the gsxr? i found a sweet deal on an R6 in my area, and its real tempting. besides that a GS500 is an option, but i dont want to have to upgrade in 6months to get the power im looking for. im not saying ill be busting 130mph and 0-60 in 3sec every time i accelerate, but i want to be satisfied with the bike. on my gti i rarely go full throttle and let the power loose, but i dont regret my chip/exhaust/intake at all :D

Cool mang. When you get your two wheels, hit me up and we can ride up to Julian/Cuyamaca. I live in East Lake, so Otay Lakes is pretty much my back yard, and I'll tell you that area is dope! I'll take some vids this weekend and post.

I'm also always looking for people to ride with. I ride pretty tame, but I can adjust up or down depending on your taste, pace or skill level! I do knee dragging once in a while, but not often.

Good luck on the purchase! :thumbsup: