GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good 1st Choice Motorcycles

by far the best first bike would have to be the kawasaki ninja 250.. the bike is making a killing and its the perfect bike to get started on, my gf is like 5'2 and rode the shit out of it, and besides riding my MX bikes that was her first road bike.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Btw op, I live in SD too so if you need some help with looking at your prospective ride or want to go riding some time, just hit me up here on pm or email or what ever. My buddy actually just went through the MSF course last weekend. He wouldn't have done it if I didn't push him. I think it's silly not to take that class. I took the Beginner Rider Course and then the Experienced Rider Course about 2 years later. It was pretty hard because you have to bring your own bike, and doing the course in a 600 is not easy. Good luck bro!:thumbsup:

nikitynick

EurotrashSD Dubber
anyone know of a good site to look at for used bikes? my main source has been craigslist, and have a few good deals, but am wondering where else i should look. also, with a 250, will i constantly be riding at WOT? im looking at a 2003 ninja ex for sale in my area. i still feel like i will be bored with it, but ill take the word of the experienced riders out there over my own urge to get something faster.

greyo8gti

I'm a good driver
CBR 600rr & dont ride beyond your limits. You also need to choose WHO you ride with very wisely as no one here likes to be left behind...

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
I agree with what everyone is saying, a safety course will save your life:thumbsup: With that said if you make it through that, I'd start on a 600. I saw too many people start on a 250, and regret their decision. Never lose your respect for these bikes, when you do, your dead:frown:

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
anyone know of a good site to look at for used bikes? my main source has been craigslist, and have a few good deals, but am wondering where else i should look. also, with a 250, will i constantly be riding at WOT? im looking at a 2003 ninja ex for sale in my area. i still feel like i will be bored with it, but ill take the word of the experienced riders out there over my own urge to get something faster.

I found some on www.cycletrader.com . Pretty decent website and you'll find that the prices are more consistent with the actual value than what may show on craigslist.

:thumbsup:

babyseatGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Ducati 620-695 is a good starter bike.

Both of my monsters are for sale if you want to pick it up in minnesota. ha-ha

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Ducati 620-695 is a good starter bike.

Both of my monsters are for sale if you want to pick it up in minnesota. ha-ha

Man I want that Dark Monster. Is the 748 for sale too? Ha ha.

My boy had a 996 R with the European kick stand. I almost dropped it, which would have sucked because every piece on that beast is so dang expensive. The best thing about owning a Duc is that you get to park in the in-field at Laguna Seca for the MotoGP race event. That alone makes it so much worth it to own one. Plus Dry Sump clutch for the win!!!

nectar

crab in my shoemouth
. Never lose your respect for these bikes, when you do, your dead:frown:

well said!

after 20 years of riding (both dirt and street)....the liter bikes still make me shudder to think what they are capable of (i'm a die-hard 750 guy =P)

V8snack

Ready to race!
go with the ninja 250 for a starter bike

its the best starter bike for some one with no experience