GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs. Cobalt SS (Flat Black Balt)

Phantom GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
99 SVT Lightning
Yes they isss :wink: I used to have one...

as for the SVT, heavy only means so much when you can lay down that kind of power.

The aerodynamics of a brick don't help either lol.

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
Here was my Cobalt

Flat Black Balt

Ready to race!
Yeah it did. I ended up trading it and suck up a $4,300 hit. Instead of $299/mo for my lease it's $432. Negative equity+impulsiveness FTL.

I like your paint job, one of few I've seen flat that isn't splotchy.

Yeah thats a bummer...

What you expect from a professional paint job? lol

I can respect that car... I think a stage 2+ GTI would take it though.

I'll let you know when I race my friends APR stg 2 on 91 oct. mode.

Flat Black Balt

Ready to race!
I think it would be super close.

I think I GTI with Stage 2 (93 file) plus a FMIC would be enough.

Possibly... though I am tuned for 100+ octane at WOT. It'd be a drivers race

To be honest I havn't got a chance to track it or dyno it from my last dyno. Should be a mid-low 13s second car on Street Tires.

I was having heat soaking issues last I went out, but and was getting 2.2 60s. Eh... Come december we'll find out lol

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Possibly... though I am tuned for 100+ octane at WOT. It'd be a drivers race

To be honest I havn't got a chance to track it or dyno it from my last dyno. Should be a mid-low 13s second car on Street Tires.

I was having heat soaking issues last I went out, but and was getting 2.2 60s. Eh... Come december we'll find out lol

The real question is... do you wish you had a new Turbo Cobalt?

Flat Black Balt

Ready to race!
doesn't mean much without numbers...what did you both run?

was a embarassing 14.4 to 14.5. I was heat soaking very badly, and we were both doing 2.2-3 60 footers

At the time our cars would be roughly the same. My only cooling mods were a Cobra Heat Exhanger in line w/ my stock H/E on my lil 2.7" pulley. Would take him by a car or two from the line, then back half he would catch up because my car was heat soaking so bad in 3rd gear "160+ degree intake air temps".

A lil while back, I went to the 1/8 mile w/ all my current mods, wasn't getting my 60' down "clutch got to hot on me, and kept slipping". So I had to peddle the gas, and still was trapping 2-3 mph faster than he was, and no I wasn't spinning off the line.

My car is definately faster than a STOCK TC now. Modifications are on page 1 for an explanation.
They are fast, yes you will need at least APR stg1 to keep up with one. But they are beatable, you just gotta mod right.

---------

Unfortunately a aquantance of mine who has a SS/TC has left the country for a few months for his work. And I won't be able to race him at the next event. Though I will go up against a friend of mine w/ APR stg 2 on 91 octane mode. Should be a great race; it will be his first time out at the 1/4. He feels very confident he'll launch well... I just said GL lol - Though he may just learn to launch the car properly... All I know is, when I first went to the track, it was as if I had to learn how to launch all over again.

Last edited:

BoostedThrills

showshinedetail.com
Car(s)
G35
What you expect from a professional paint job? lol

I've seen "professional" which includes leftover masking tape which pulls off chunks of paint with it, and pieces of paint that flake off in your hand when you close the hood. Different colors by 3-4 shades body to bumper and 46 drips in the clear coat.

And I've seen professional like yours. :biggrin:

Flat Black Balt

Ready to race!
I've seen "professional" which includes leftover masking tape which pulls off chunks of paint with it, and pieces of paint that flake off in your hand when you close the hood. Different colors by 3-4 shades body to bumper and 46 drips in the clear coat.

And I've seen professional like yours. :biggrin:

Wow lol...

Well to make it a lil more clear lol...

My dad's body shop did my car. Now if I found anything like the described above... HELL WOULD HAVE RISEN lol...