GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

123eman

Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5 2019
Code 45 would be for a MK6 Cabriolet I believe, not sure why they would have used that over the 57 code for 4 door Golfs. That is what most of us have coded.

I've also realized that all of the volkswagen-accessories.com links in my OP have died (for information and codes on the VW site). Unless someone finds an updated site, it looks like VW has taken the site down.

thanks for the reply! ill keep it at 57 then!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Does anyone have the latest updated file with the Arteon on it? The updated files on this site are empty

https://www.volkswagen-zubehoer.de/de/plug-play-soundsystem.html

The "data update" link on that page is a zip file with an application in it, I've never loaded anything on a dongle SD Card but is that normal?

1593714708734.png

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Unfortunately it doesn’t work. The file on that page is blank when you load it in the dongle. I’ll keep searching.
Damn. I still can't find any update for the US sites either. If you have a friendly local dealer maybe they have access to the files that they can load on your SD card or email?

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Does anyone, possibly with a programmer, have the Helix Programmer files for the SD card that they could copy & send me?

The SD card from my loaner one was damaged, beyond repair, and the link/files from the German site don't seem to be working correctly. :(

PM me please, if you do

Golf17AT

Car(s)
2017 Golf Alltrack S
I will be receiving my dongle next week and can't find a working link for the instructions, does anyone have one?
Thanks!
EDIT found a video on YT explaining it :)

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I will be receiving my dongle next week and can't find a working link for the instructions, does anyone have one?
Thanks!
EDIT found a video on YT explaining it :)

Just for everyone else , too:
Key on the ignition
Plug it into the amp/DSP
Turn the dial to number file you want
Gently push the knob down to select/flash it
Wait 5-10 seconds until it flashes and you’re done!
VW instructions:
6220D3BC-3B23-4649-AEF3-2A0A90D705F9 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

Cresny

Car(s)
Golf Alltrack
I did the upgrade on my 2019 Alltrack SE. This car has the newer 8-inch screen head unit. After programming it to 60, the mids and treble were harsh, as others reported, and 57 was boomy with recessed vocals. I think there is a lot of confusion about the 97 & 98 files, described as "2.0 reduced power", but it occurred to me that "2.0" probably meant the newer head unit. I tried it and like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, this one was j-u-u-st right! The sound is now perfectly punchy and spectacular. I'm glad I bought a programming unit because I'm the type of person who usually agonizes over the menu at a restaurant before ordering the wrong thing, and I would have been stuck in EQ hell with 60. I now have the EQ flat the way I like it.

Hope this helps, and by the way if anyone is in the NY metro area and needs to use the dongle let me know. I'll probably have it for a few more weeks.

Markled

Hey Cresny, where did you purchase a dongle? I’d like to get one too. If you’re putting it up for sale please let me know.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

Hey Cresny, where did you purchase a dongle? I’d like to get one too. If you’re putting it up for sale please let me know.

The P/N is DKS051419A. It's listed as a "dealer only" item. I don't think a dealer will order it for you if you visit them. But online resellers will send one in the mail to you. Ironically, most of them are VW dealers. Just search that P/N on your favorite search engine and you should see a list of sellers. Good Luck!

Markled

Thanks Stealthgti,

I tried to purchase one online from a dealer’s storefront webpage (Ventura VW) but they cancelled my order and gave me this line of bs:

the item purchased is for a service, not a part. It is for programming done at the dealership. We have cancelled the order and refunded you. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

A forum member sold me a dongle so now I have one and all is well. I was also able to buy a 7ft cable to bring the dongle into the cabin. Looking forward to tweaking the sub this weekend!