GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Home improvement thread

Horus USAF

shhh Im thinkin......
Damn, DIY? I think it came out pretty well.

tricky713

Ready to race!
Looks good, but the cabinets need to go. Very out dated... maybe try some brushed aluminum knobs to "spruce" them up. Otherwise nice transformation.

A1an

Hellafunctional
Damn, DIY? I think it came out pretty well.

Thanks...and yes DIY. Took about a week and a half to do the counter top out in the garage in my spare time.

Looks good, but the cabinets need to go. Very out dated... maybe try some brushed aluminum knobs to "spruce" them up. Otherwise nice transformation.

Yeah they do need to go but that would have blown the budget. Originally we thought about replacing the doors like we did in the outdated kitchen in our prior home (HUGE difference) but we didn't want to spend that much. Then we thought about putting some pulls/handles on the existing doors but felt it would bring too much attention to the outdated doors. We felt the best thing was to refinish them in white so it sort of falls out of sight when looking at the entire picture. We think it worked out pretty well overall. When the time comes to do the complete bathroom renovation the cabinets will go.

utekineir

Banned
The base one or multiple sections?

Haven't gotten much done on my things lately too much work. Got awesome washer and dryer as halfish price clearances. Been dabbling with dressing up drop ceilings since no real time to drywall anymore. Later move in = lost money on Renting current place. Unfortunately going to have to rush and cut corners.

A1an

Hellafunctional
The base is one big crappy pink section. If the budget would have allowed I would have gone for some of the base kitchen sections from Ikea. Oh well...it is something we can live with for the next 5-10 years. As much as I say it was my wife pushing to get this done, I have to say I do enjoy no longer having to look at that pink crap every day.

utekineir

Banned
Finished redoing the drop ceiling, painted the slats, new tiles, ripped out the old fluorescent tube lights for 4 fake recessed led fixtures. Open the switch panel to add a dimmer.

Mother fuck, there goes an hour or few.

photo by utekineir, on Flickr

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Finished redoing the drop ceiling, painted the slats, new tiles, ripped out the old fluorescent tube lights for 4 fake recessed led fixtures. Open the switch panel to add a dimmer.

Mother fuck, there goes an hour or few.

lol that up to code?

utekineir

Banned
Ran out for some 3 way switches and lunch. Thinking about it seems to be 5 3 way switches with the indicator lights wired in series yet also looking to be fed by wether the specific fixture has power. Really it's those indicators that are the mess.

utekineir

Banned
That was basically the response i got after texting that pic to an electrician I know.

So far the left switch is sorted. The 3 caps are the 3 hots and tracked down the affected fixtures from the other 4 switches and what lines would make 3 of them work as 2 way.

Last edited: