GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How do I install HID's into replica headlights??

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Guys someone has to kno.. I have been trying to unplug this stock plug for an hr.. What am i doing wrong??!! Its a friggin plug!!! This crazy.. Tried pulling twisting sliding up down back and forth.. There is anything to squeeze like a clamp or anything?? I even tried prying slightly with a flat head screw driver.. I mean this is insane..

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Its like all connectors on the car. There is a bit you press in - really hard and you then have to wiggle it out. It is difficult to get off.
Don't resort to using a screwdriver. Just keep at it with your hand.

EDIT - just see your reply posted at the same time. Well done

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Success.. Srry for crappy blurry rainy pics.. They look great and best part is no errors!!! Thank you to oneperfectdose and xd data for all your help... Couldnt have done it without you guys..

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Now i know those white screws are to adjust but what is the proper way to get them aligned?? I dont think they are aligned properly..

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Excellent. They look good (from what you can see). Damn rain. I don't bring my car out on the rare days it rains.
I kinda wish they were around before I took the plunge and got the other rep headlights.

Use this guide to help align them

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Excellent. They look good (from what you can see). Damn rain. I don't bring my car out on the rare days it rains.
I kinda wish they were around before I took the plunge and got the other rep headlights.

Use this guide to help align them

Yes I know awful pics.. Just wanted to show the finished outcome and product.. I will take better pics in the daytime..

Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Heres my cutoff.. Dont really like the way it looks.. I tried to adjust and this is how it came out.. Seems like there is light scatter all over the place, rainbows on the ground not pictured and this weird cutoff.. Is this supposed to look like 1 clean stepped line??

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Did you not try adjusting them like the guide? Or is that the max adjustment?
The passenger side needs to raise up a fair bit.
Drivers side should be a straight line across and kick up slightly to the right but that gets masked by the passenger side which meets it. The passenger side goes aright across to where it kicks up and continues higher to illuminate the side of the road.

Set up the markings per the guide using marking tape or something. I put this on a wall and did the whole lines and just adjusted the lights to match exactly along it

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Did you not try adjusting them like the guide? Or is that the max adjustment?
The passenger side needs to raise up a fair bit.
Drivers side should be a straight line across and kick up slightly to the right but that gets masked by the passenger side which meets it. The passenger side goes aright across to where it kicks up and continues higher to illuminate the side of the road.

But I can tell they have not been adjusted or adjusted right.

Set up the markings per the guide using marking tape or something. I put this on a wall and did the whole lines and just adjusted the lights to match exactly along it

To be honest I parked approx. 25' from the wall and eyeballed it.. Yes I know not the most accurate way but I thought I could wing it by looking at it and adjusting..
Now when you mean passenger side do you mean left or right.. Isn't my passenger side diff from yours? Aren't you from Ireland?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
From Ireland but not in Ireland. In San Diego, so passenger side is the right (wrong) side.

Ah you really need to get out the measuring tape and make the markings. Mark the straight line across two inches below center of the headlight. Mark vertical lights directly in middle of projector lense for both. Move the car back and adjust them vertically to the horizontal line and adjust horizontally to get the kick up at the vertical line.

Your passenger horizontal line is a good bit below your drivers one.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
From Ireland but not in Ireland. In San Diego, so passenger side is the right (wrong) side.

Ah you really need to get out the measuring tape and make the markings. Mark the straight line across two inches below center of the headlight. Mark vertical lights directly in middle of projector lense for both. Move the car back and adjust them vertically to the horizontal line and adjust horizontally to get the kick up at the vertical line.

Your passenger horizontal line is a good bit below your drivers one.

Ok got ya.. Will have to do this and re-adjust.. Wont be tonight tho.. Ill try tomorrow and will post when i get it right..

OnePerfectDose

Ready to race!
Good job on the install, glad you got it done. Sometimes you get those random light reflections because they are aimed to much inward or too low. It reflects off the chrome inside the housing when misaligned.

Once you align, you will see those markings shift or go away.

-Dose

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Good job on the install, glad you got it done. Sometimes you get those random light reflections because they are aimed to much inward or too low. It reflects off the chrome inside the housing when misaligned.

Once you align, you will see those markings shift or go away.

-Dose

Ya I am def. gonna have to play with the alignment.. They look awesome though.. I love the led drl.. Color is dead spot on with my morimoto 5000k bulbs.. Absolutely looks stock and I couldn't be happier.. Great product.. Now to save up for those led tails!!

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie

2nd attempt.. I Measured everything out and this is how they look..Any better?? The driver side wont adjust horizontally.. I put the ballast and error canceler in there.. It looks clean tho..I am pretty happy with how they look overall now.. Just not sure if this is the optimal adjustment..