GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I just ordered a GTI 40th Anniversary

Nutty 5.0

I'd like to order a GTI 40th in Red. Anyone know a dealer in DC,MD,VA area that will order a car? I have emailed a couple and no responses.
What are people paying for these?

Fitzgerald in Frederick show they’re getting a TR 40th 6MT. I got the one in Annapolis. They were good to deal with. MSRP and $500 deposit.

Schipperke

Two red automatics 150mi.. Hard to find a Red 6sp. Guess it's a daily search. The last three I found in past two weeks were all sold when I called. I was able to order a 392 Dodge exactly how I wanted, and delivered in 10 weeks. Stellantis doesn't seem to have a chip problem.
I just wonder why VW you can't order..

Storch

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to order a GTI 40th in Red. Anyone know a dealer in DC,MD,VA area that will order a car? I have emailed a couple and no responses.
What are people paying for these?
there are a few red in the dmv area that i stumbled upon when searching for mine here in NC. seemed like msrp was what they were going for up there

Nutty 5.0

I'm showing a red 6MT one in Dover, De, Linden, NJ, Clifton, NJ, Mohegan Lake, NY, Huntington Station, NY, Kingston, NY, Valenti, CT, and more. These are all within 200 miles of me in SE Pa. But like the others said, you need to call around. Not sure what these are doing for prices, but there are ones that will sell for MSRP. And hopefully less!

Storch

Go Kart Champion
I'm showing a red 6MT one in Dover, De, Linden, NJ, Clifton, NJ, Mohegan Lake, NY, Huntington Station, NY, Kingston, NY, Valenti, CT, and more. These are all within 200 miles of me in SE Pa. But like the others said, you need to call around. Not sure what these are doing for prices, but there are ones that will sell for MSRP. And hopefully less!

lol dont bother with huntington VW. i work remotely for dealers on Long Island & they are a JOKE to deal with. the lady wouldnt even tell me what they were asking for the car unless i was in the showroom

Schipperke

Well the VW search I use isn't finding any. I'll check the dealers you mention, thanks.
One thing that happens frequently, photo is wrong color.

Dover DE is not too far for me. Looks like one in transit, but they really inflated the price, or it's an automatic listed wrong..

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Well the VW search I use isn't finding any. I'll check the dealers you mention, thanks.
One thing that happens frequently, photo is wrong color.

Dover DE is not too far for me. Looks like one in transit, but they really inflated the price, or it's an automatic listed wrong..
Even when mine arrived at the dealer, it was listed in Transit. And mine stickered for $34,721 because of port accessories. So it's likely that one has even more port accessories driving the prices up more than MSRP. FWIW, mine had the floor mats, rear mat and 30k prepaid maintenance. Not sure if you can dicker with dealer on that stuff, but I wasn't going to since they were fair on the MSRP.

Schipperke

Even when mine arrived at the dealer, it was listed in Transit. And mine stickered for $34,721 because of port accessories. So it's likely that one has even more port accessories driving the prices up more than MSRP. FWIW, mine had the floor mats, rear mat and 30k prepaid maintenance. Not sure if you can dicker with dealer on that stuff, but I wasn't going to since they were fair on the MSRP.

So the Delaware dealer added like $1600 in BS options, one was "VIN etching" and two other too ridiculous to remember. Having last purchased a $20K MSRP Impreza at 21K out the door (taxes, tags etc.) in 2021 , and then a $57K msrp Dodge at $50K out the door in 2022, there is just no way I'm motivated to pay anything over MSRP.

wheelman186

Two red automatics 150mi.. Hard to find a Red 6sp. Guess it's a daily search. The last three I found in past two weeks were all sold when I called. I was able to order a 392 Dodge exactly how I wanted, and delivered in 10 weeks. Stellantis doesn't seem to have a chip problem.
I just wonder why VW you can't order..
you can‘t order because they are only making 1,500 of them, and of that 1,500, 250 of those will be Red, and of those red, roughly half will be manual. The production numbers are already decided... and I think the dealerships that will be allocated a delivery is already decided as well.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Mine just arrived at the dealer yesterday afternoon. Pomelo Yellow. I am picking it up Monday. Haven't seen one or even sat in one. I was lucky not to pay over retail for this one. They gave me a crazy trade number for my '17 GTi Sport, so I had to do it. I can't wait. Very disappointed to find out no Kessey keyless entry for the US 40th. Not a deal breaker, but that's one of the options I enjoy on my old GTi Sport. I'd gladly have given up the puddle lights for Kessey.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
you can‘t order because they are only making 1,500 of them, and of that 1,500, 250 of those will be Red, and of those red, roughly half will be manual. The production numbers are already decided... and I think the dealerships that will be allocated a delivery is already decided as well.
250 Tornado Red
250 Pomelo Yellow
500 Urano gray
500 Opal white

Roughly half of each color will be manual. Just to confirm the above.

I tried to buy red a couple times but all I inquired about were marked up $3-4K over MSRP. I finally put a deposit down on Pomelo yellow at MSRP. It's at the dealer as of last night and I'm picking it up Monday. In my area I only saw a couple of the larger VW dealers advertise (2) 40th Anniversay Ed's, other wise many only got 1. The only thing I think is maybe VW will release in 2 waves so maybe in a few weeks or a month the remainder may show up. This is just a guess. Or they all were released and whatever is out there is there until they are all sold.

I don't know how many dealers there are in the US, so I suppose if each got 1 and some got 2 that would pretty much be the entire allotment in one shipment. If you want one, don't sit on the fence. I was amazed how over a weekend all the dealers I contacted many were sold by the time they got back to me on Monday or Tuesday. I kind of feel lucky I got one.