GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I need as many opinions as possible.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
I don't know if this will be any help but there was a system for my 600rr made by Bazzaz, instead of the standard Dynojet Power commander which would have a tune already installed on it, that would be self adjusting similar to what you are talking. I know that had no turbo involved with it but the theory behind its operation is similar. It might have some info that could help?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I don't know if this will be any help but there was a system for my 600rr made by Bazzaz, instead of the standard Dynojet Power commander which would have a tune already installed on it, that would be self adjusting similar to what you are talking. I know that had no turbo involved with it but the theory behind its operation is similar. It might have some info that could help?

Thanks I'll take a look into it! :thumbsup:

Johnny

I'm Here for the Gangbang
But this will eliminate having to go to tuners and worry with all that hassle. Slap a turbo on. Turn your car on, let it "sync" or run a diagnostic mode, and you're good to go.

I would warranty it for failures inside the operating limits, but not if someone wants to turn up the boost on their own. Boost is controlled by compressor efficiency in this case, not by user preference.

On a sorta side note, hopefully i'm not taking this too off-topic.

But there's a lot of GTI owners out there, perfectly fine taking their turbos out of the efficiency range (20psi on the k03 and it will more than likely crack after sometime). Personally I'm fine with that as k03/k04's can be had for relatively cheap and it is closer to 100k miles that it will fail.

However, if we're in the price range where the customer is spending a significant amount of money (big enough turbo to make power while staying in it's efficiency range) wouldn't the added cost of a professional tune be minimal in comparison to how much was already spent on hardware and installation?

I'm not trying to be a downer, just curious as to who this would be marketed towards.