GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

tos

Go Kart Champion
It will not help steering wheel problems.
They have update to front camera, it should help for that, only in service.

stefanox

Passed Driver's Ed
Done the upgrade today, no problems at all with the upgraden.

Attachments

• 20230507_093238.jpg
    20230507_093238.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 264

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
It will not help steering wheel problems.
They have update to front camera, it should help for that, only in service.
They haven't mentioned camera just steering, sorry to go off topic

Last edited:

tos

Go Kart Champion
Update TPI says that engine not running! Charger and every power consumption turned off.
Do not use your cellphone ;)

Precautions for updating:
• Support the power grid with a separate power supply.
• Turn off all unnecessary electrical equipment during the update (ventilation, seat heating, interior lights, etc.).
• Please note that it is not allowed to be used in the car or in its immediate vicinity during the update of the control devices
an electromagnetic device such as a mobile phone or DECT cordless phone.
• Do not start the engine during the update.
• Do not attempt to use the radio navigation system during the update.

How is your voice control working after update? When you ask: Hey vw, tell me a joke?
What she says? or do?

Before update She tells a stupid joke about headlights. Now it shows nearest pubs and bars.

ianmcuk

Hello All,
Just another question, who also has problems with the loss of the bluetooth connection?

I have an S22 Plus, lately the connection is constantly dropping
Yes, I've been having this with my S22 Ultra as well. Its been more recent than the 1899 OTA update though (2020 R-Line 1.5 eTSI)

orlinst

Passed Driver's Ed
I had this issue with my S22+ after some Android auto update. It occured every time i start the car. I am with SW v1896. Suddenly it stopped, maybe some Andorid auto update was automaticaly installed on my phone recently. Now it is working fine without drops in the BT connection.

stefanox

Passed Driver's Ed
I had this issue with my S22+ after some Android auto update. It occured every time i start the car. I am with SW v1896. Suddenly it stopped, maybe some Andorid auto update was automaticaly installed on my phone recently. Now it is working fine without drops in the BT connection.
Hi, strange i have it allot, try olmost every steps but still it drops out. im on the latest android auto but stil having problems

Heggsz

I am looking to buy a mark 8 golf but a little sceptical of all the issues around infotainment that I keep coming across. Have a lot of them been fixed with the updates that come out?

feds85

I am looking to buy a mark 8 golf but a little sceptical of all the issues around infotainment that I keep coming across. Have a lot of them been fixed with the updates that come out?
I am very satisfied with Golf 8 from driving point of view, engine etc., Style full packet...

From infotainment point of view, touch controls (e.g. climate) - disaster (also after the update/upgrade). I have model year 10/2020.

(air conditioning vents very bad placed - comparing previous golfs...)

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Still quite a few software-related issues being reported on various forums - not just Golf forums but forums for other VW and VAG models built on the MQB platform that share the same / similar software and hardware with the mk8 Golf.

TwoSheds

I've had my new MK8 for just over a year without any problems whatsoever with software or hardware including infotainment.
Operating infotainment takes a learning curve as there are numerous options / facilities to play with compared with the previous models I've had.
Bear in mind forums, normally by their nature, do not attract positive stuff in the main.