GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

BlackShadow250

Hello together,
I have a question about the update file for SW1941:

I found out that the content in folder "Meta/main.mnf_chk_S.sig" seems to be wrong or?
"SignedFile = "main.mnf_1941_VW.cks" but only a file with name "main.mnf.cks" exists in the Meta folder

But the update still runs successfully, doesn't it?

The update file for SW1899 looks correct 🤔

Attachments

• SignedFile.png
    SignedFile.png
    31 KB · Views: 148

Ayad

Hello,

I have golf etsi 1.5 2020
Here is my display unit number. Does this update match my car? And should i keep a normal battery charger connected with the 12v battery during the update?
Thanks indeed

Attachments

• 20230504_133836.jpg
    20230504_133836.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 162

stefanox

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,

I have golf etsi 1.5 2020
Here is my display unit number. Does this update match my car? And should i keep a normal battery charger connected with the 12v battery during the update?
Thanks indeed
Yes you can apply, i have done mine without charger everything went fine.

tos

Go Kart Champion
You should use charger, because if car thinks that running out of power.. it shuts down everything unnecessary control units.
-> infotainment is broken.

Ayad

You should use charger, because if car thinks that running out of power.. it shuts down everything unnecessary control units.
-> infotainment is broken.
Ok, isn't that normal 12v battery charger or something else and should i connect it with the main 12v battery ?

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
Does this look correct this is how the files are on usb or do I need to open all these files and put them individually on the USB?

Attachments

• 20230511_174308.jpg
    20230511_174308.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 139

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
To the people that had their infotainment changed. Did it fixed the rebooting issue? My new unit finally arrived and will be changed next week.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hello together,

I found out that the content in folder "Meta/main.mnf_chk_S.sig" seems to be wrong or?
"SignedFile = "main.mnf_1941_VW.cks" but only a file with name "main.mnf.cks" exists in the Meta folder

Hi there. Those that installed the 1941 report no problems so far.

tos

Go Kart Champion
Why people will not read older posts? these explain file order, how to connect charger etc...

Ayad

Why people will not read older posts? these explain file order, how to connect charger etc...
I already did but for the beginner like me some of the steps is not clear enough and as everyone i don't want to do something it could destroy the car.

I would like to know all that things and answer everyone ask.

Thank you very much anyway i really appreciate your answer before.

samgti16v

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello together,

Not sure why that is but update ran successfully for me

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
I already did but for the beginner like me some of the steps is not clear enough and as everyone i don't want to do something it could destroy the car.

I would like to know all that things and answer everyone ask.

Thank you very much anyway i really appreciate your answer before.
Im same as you hence why i asked. your not alone, if someone wants to help and explain a bit more detail it be much appreciated.
Thought that's what these forum were about helping each other Out